Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8GB (4x2GB) F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK stable config???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB (4x2GB) F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK stable config???

Asus P5K Premium
    Intel Core2 Q6600
    2xF2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

What are the recommended memory bios settings for using with 2x F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK Kits with my Mobo??? Can i use the memory stock/default settings (1066mhz 5-5-5-15, 2.1v) with stability and good speed???

Yes, but in addition to the basic DRAM settings, you will also need to raise the NB Voltage to 1.40V to stabilize the memory controller. Also, tRFC timings may need to be increased. Keep us posted on the result.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok thanks!!!!And If i use the modules in DDR800 4-4-4-12 2.0v? No need to increment NB voltage...so no need to add stress to NB...??? Isn't that right???

Comment

Depends on the NB, so if it is slightly unstable, you can try to increase NB Voltage a little bit to see if it can be better.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

ok than...
          When you say in your first answer that i need to put the NB voltage in 1.4v, ist's a must...? If i don't it won't work???

Comment

Yes, motherboard Northbridge (memory controller) will be overloaded with full slots of DDR2-1066 2.10V

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

One Last question: and this two configurações hipotesys:
              1066MHZ 6-6-6-18 1.9v 4x2gb
              Or
              891mhz 5-5-5-12 1.8v 4x2gb

With this two configs the NB can be at stock voltagem?
              Thanks once more

Comment

Maybe, you will need to test to find out. If the system is unstable, then you know you may need to increase NB Voltage to stabilize memory controller.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok i now i can test, but as this memory kit is in market for a couple of years from now, possibly you could already have seen those configs working on iP35 motherboards (stable), without needing overvoltage of the NB...and than through your valuable feedback i wouldn't need to do experimentations...know what i mean??? that's the basis of my question formulation!
                  Thanks for your support!!!

Comment

I am getting a stable 8GB system with 2x4GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK with following configs:

Dram frequency - 1066mhz
                    Dram timings - 6-6-6-18
                    Dram voltage - 1.95v
                    NB AUTO - Without overcloking the northbridge!!!!

Greetings!!!

Update- i put the NB voltage in standard value which is 1.25v...Still stable!...evaluating..
                    Last edited by Petermira; 08-01-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Good! Keep testing for your ideal settings. Each memory kit and system is slightly different, so when overclocking, experimentation is necessary and inevitable.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I am testing 1066mhz CL5 8GB with NB auto...system stable for now...just NB idle temp rised from 35 to 37c...load temp 39c...i have played the new tomb raider for half an hour and no sign of instability. Do you think is to stress for NB...should i reduce to CL6 1.95v 1066mhz???

Thanks
                        Last edited by Petermira; 08-07-2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X