Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 rev 2.0 Motherboard best ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 rev 2.0 Motherboard best ram

hi sorry to bother but am i totally confused to what ram i can use for this motherboard i have looked on many sites and seein different mhz for this board i would like either 4gb/8gb but i want blue gskill ripjaw and also just wondering if i use 2x2gb sticks but buy 4 of em thats 8gb will i get the same power out of all 4 sticks or am i best off just buyin 4gbx 2? i really like some info on this cheers for reading this and your time

I?m no expert, but my understanding you can, your board support 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory with an OS 64 bit. So I assuming for example you can have two set of identical g-skill 2x2 4gb and your board should show 8gb, but I strongly suggest you contact G-skill tech support and see what they recommend.
    Cheers.

Comment

Hi,

On an AMD platform, the lower the timings, the better. For example, 1333 CL7 is better than 1600 CL9.
      If you like the blue ripjaws, then grab the 2x2GB F3-12800CL7D-4BRM. You can always have 2 sets so that you have 8GB in the future.
      If you don't mind the color, then go for the F3-12800CL7D-8GBRH which have black heatsinks. This will give you 8GB right away and room for 16GB in the future. And the price is the same as 2 sets of the blue ripjaws.

Comment

cheers

hi thanxs for ur repys but if i get the 1600mhz do i have 2 overclock just the ram or the whole set up ie cpu and the rest cheers if i have 2 overclock the rest i best of just gettin the 1333mhz

Comment

Whether you go with the DDR3 1600 or DDR3 1333 will depend a little bit on what processor you plan on getting and how much fiddling you want to do in the BIOS.

For a simple plug and play follow mrcmtl' advice and go with the low latency DDR3 1333 kit.
          MSI Big Bang xPower x58
          Intel i7 950
          GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
          Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
          OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
          WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
          WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
          Corsair TX950W
          Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

If you want 1600, you'll have to play with the BIOS to run at 1600 without overclocking anything. If you want to run above 1600, you'll need to overclock depending on which CPU you have.

Comment

ok

ok my processor is the amd x6 1090 so i think i will be ok and thanxs for ur time 2 reply

Comment

Working...
              X