Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen 9 5950x and Stuttering F4-3600C18-64GVK

Hello,

So I have a new Ryzen 9 5950x and I've noticed stuttering with F4-3600C18-64GVK (single DDR4 F4-3600C18-32GVK)

XMP profile 1 enabled (only one profile), in some games I see stuttering, thats with full power management disabled even, and I don't know if it's due to this being only 3600Mhz w/ XMP enabled.

I'm told I should get F4-3800C18D-64GTZN for Ryzen 9 5000 series CPUs. A friend of mine has this and has no stuttering with a RTX 3090 also, we have different GPU subvendors ASUS vs EVGA and same CPU..

Thoughts?

Single stick is single channel, so half theoretical bandwidth. This may be an issue for some games.

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Can you screenshot CPUz Memory tab so we can confirm what the system is running at?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Single stick is single channel, so half theoretical bandwidth. This may be an issue for some games.

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Can you screenshot CPUz Memory tab so we can confirm what the system is running at?

Thank you
      Hello GSkill,

Yes, Latest F34 UEFI BIOS from GigaByte. Motherboard is a AORUS Master X570 Rev v1.2 board. I'm running dual channel, I mean each DDR4 stick is a F4-3600C18-32GVK, slots 2 and 4 for dual channel mode.

Thanks,
      Shawn
      Last edited by spstarr; 08-23-2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Looks good, do you know if DDR4-3400 or 3200 can be more stable? If it can, you can try boosting DRAM Voltage and/or CPU SoC Voltage to see if you can better stabilize DDR4-3600.

With current values, are you able to pass stress tests?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Looks good, do you know if DDR4-3400 or 3200 can be more stable? If it can, you can try boosting DRAM Voltage and/or CPU SoC Voltage to see if you can better stabilize DDR4-3600.

With current values, are you able to pass stress tests?
          I've done Cinebench R23 and what not with no problems, so I'm puzzled. I do have DDR4-3800 memory coming to be sure and I should be able to confirm If the higher voltage memory v1.40 vs v1.35 is enough

I'll be able to do other tests and report back

Comment

Working...
          X