Model F4-3000C16D-16GTZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model F4-3000C16D-16GTZR

A couple of years ago (November, 2018 to be exact) I built a system around a Ryzen 2600 processor and an Asus B450 Prime+ motherboard, and used two sticks of TridentZ matched 8Gb RAM, Model F4-3000C16D-16GTZR. This RAM now says it’s for Intel systems but I don’t believe it did so at the time I bought it. Regardless, this RAM has always worked well in my AMD-based system.

I need more RAM in this system now, but it being a 2+ year-old system, I don’t want to sink a lot of money into it because I’ll build a new system within the next year (using G.Skill TridentZ RAM, of course).

My question is this:

If I buy the same type of RAM that’s in the system now (Model F4-3000C16D-16GTZR) and populate the other two RAM slots, will the two new sticks of 8Gb RAM work in this system, even though the two new sticks won’t be matched with the two old sticks? If so, how much of a performance hit will I take or will that depend on how well the four RAM sticks perform together? I know it's best to use four sticks of matched RAM instead of mixing and matching, but will this arrangement (two more 8Gb sticks) serve me for the short term?

Please accept my apologies if this question isn't posted in the right area, I couldn't find anything that looked more appropriate.

Thanks in advance

That is the risk taken when mixing two separate kits of memory. Only through testing can we confirm capability, and that is what you pay for in each complete memory kit. Most vendors have a 30 day return and exchange policy so it should not hurt to try another kit out, or you can consider replacing the existing kit with a single 32GB kit. The current 16GB kit should not be too difficult to re home or recoup some cost as it is still a good performance kit in demand.

Comment

Working...
    X