Need support. My new RAM won't work with XMP on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need support. My new RAM won't work with XMP on

Hi I recently bought a new g.skill ram. It's 16GBx2 DDR4/3600 G.Skill Trident Z RGB. The part number is F4-3600C18D-32GTZR.

It works fine until I set it to XMP Profile 1. Since then, I got BSOD like MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. It also doesn't pass WIndows Memory Diagnosis when the XMP is on.

I can manually reduce the speed to 3200 and it will pass the test and get a more stable RAM. But I bought a 3600 and it's supposed to work.

Here are the full specs of my rig:
    MOTHERBOARD: Aorus Z390 Elite
    CPU: Intel i9 9900KF
    GPU: RTX 2070Super
    PSU: Deep Cool DQ750STCPU: Intel i9 9900KF

Thank you

I am also struggling getting my ram to work. You are getting different BSOD errors than I am. Have you done all the troubleshooting steps, BIOS update, driver update, SFC command, increase voltage, Memtest 86? (I hear Windows memory test is not great)
    Did you swap the stick placement or determine if it is just 1 stick that is causing issues?

I would probably try and RMA the memory in the end. At least you got a stable system at 3200, I can't even get there.
    It seems like the XMP is a crapshoot since you are technically OC your RAM. Good luck.

Comment

your I9 9900KF is designed to run at DDR4-2666, so do not expect it to run at arbitrary speeds
      Corsair Carbide 300R & TX850V2
      Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 Black Edition 125W
      G.SKILL F3-17000CL11-4GBXL + Micron 8KTF25664AZ-1G6M1
      EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
      Asus PA238QR

Comment

Working...
      X