Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hope you can help. re: Trident-z RGB CL17 19 19 19 39 ( F4-36000C17D-32GTZR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you can help. re: Trident-z RGB CL17 19 19 19 39 ( F4-36000C17D-32GTZR)

Hi there.

I have been building my new system but as I am on a bit of a budget I wanted to keep the cost down while maximizing my ability to upgrade CPU and GPU down the road so my thinking was to buy the best ram and board I could while using an older CPU on it for a year then upgrading. I realize the ram is faster than would normally be paired with this CPU but I was thinking I could keep it down clocked until CPU upgrade, but I appear to be having problems even at default 2133 speed. I've used Gskill in all my computers for the last 15yrs and never had issue but things seem to be a little more... sensitive, these days.

I built the following
    R7 2700X
    MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk wifi
    32gig set of Trident Z RGB 2 x 16gig CL17 19 19 19 39 ( F4-36000C17D-32GTZR)
    R9 290X

Problems:
    When system is put to sleep, it will not wake, it powers on but nothing boots until the power is turned off at the socket, then power turned back on and booted as if from cold instead of sleep.
    When XMP profile 1 or 2 is used for 3333 or 3600 the system is unstable in gaming resulting in a sudden black screen\system lock. If set on 3200 system does not boot.

Possible solutions:
    A particular set of manual timings if you've any suggestions?

Otherwise I either need to change my ram for a different set from you, suggestions welcome, or just go for a newer Ryzen CPU like the R5 3600XT if this ram is suitable for Ryzen, which I have been unable to confirm nor deny based on available literature on your website regarding these ram sticks, there was also nothing on the shops website to suggest they should not be used with AMD.

Any assistance you can give is appreciated.

Try a model listed on the G.Skill RAM Configurator:

https://www.gskill.com/configurator?...%C2%A73600MHz,

That particular memory model is for Intel CPUs.

Comment

Working...
    X