Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series vs Trident Z Neo RGB - Which one is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series vs Trident Z Neo RGB - Which one is better?

Hello! I was looking at getting new RAM and I'm not sure which one is better. I am looking at getting the RTX 3080ti/3090 (whatever its called) and the next gen Ryzen 9 4000/5000 series CPU and I was looking at two different ram sticks - the G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series 32GB(2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 and the G.SKILL Trident Z Neo RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL16. I am for sure getting 64 GB of RAM so if I were to go with the Trident Z RGB one, I would buy two of the 32 GB. I am just confused with the difference between the two. I know that the Neo ones are optimized for Ryzen 3000 series, but I looked at the CAS Latency, and it looks like the Trident Z RGB one is better (correct me if I'm wrong). They are both 3600mhz and C16 but I am just unsure of which one I should get.
    Last edited by nicholasveronico; 08-24-2020, 04:27 PM.

There is different models with those specs, you need to state the actual model numbers so that we know which ones you are talking about.

Other than getting a single kit of the chosen capacity is recommended over mixing kits in the official Memory FAQ.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
    X