Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!! RAM reaching 255C

Hi all,

I noticed in HWMonitor that my RAM was reaching 255C.
    Weird thing is that it only spikes for a split second and comes back down to normal temperature(around 35-40C) and sometimes goes down as low as 15C

The system is super stable, nothing is overclocked and all running at stock speed.

Everything else in the system stays cool so I don't think its airflow issue either.

Should I be worried?

Attached Files
    Last edited by joonsetsfire; 07-24-2020, 07:09 PM.

How long/short are those spikes? Is the temperature actually slowly climbing and decreasing afterwards or are there huge jumps?

Memory is a very low power device and tends to not consume enough power to ever reach even close to those temperatures under normal use. You would also notice very severe stability issues if those temperature values were real. Also temperatures below ambient are not possible with air cooling for obvious reasons.

So with that being said, it is very likely just a software issue. HWMonitor as a software probably is not very well suited or reliable for modern hardware. I'd probably go with HWInfo64 (freeware) or Aida64 (commercial, 30 days trial available) instead, at least to dispel your worry.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for reply!

I think I solved the problem. I actually deleted Gskill lighting control app and now it's fine.

Come to think of it, if it really did get to 255C even for split second, machine would have crashed right?

Comment

You would have had stability issues long before that (at 85/90°C).
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X