Best Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Memory

I purchased an Asus A88X-Pro motherboard with an AMD A10-7850K APU although it is on the way and not yet arrived. I plan on using my existing SATA - 1 TB hard drive and existing case for now, I want to upgrade to a SSD in the next couple of month, but all things in time. I currently have 2 - 4GB 13333 SDram chips in my existing board but wanted to upgrade. I have been looking around at memory but I am undecided about how far to upgrade as the new board goes all the way to 2400 memory. What would the experts recommend? I am not a gamer and I am doing this because I got a new 4K monitor and my existing system doesn't support the 4K resolution. I surf, watch movies and process many photos I take at speed skating events. I just finished 3000 pictures. I have gotten some advice from other sites but thought it might be best to go straight to the experts for their advice before I make a purchase and possible mistake.

DDR3-2400 will be difficult to reach unless you have some overclocking experience. DDR3-1866 or 2133 is more reasonable. You can get DDR3-2400 and run it at a lower speed, so get whichever is priced better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-666-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-655-_-Product

Those are your best options.

Comment

Since memory prices are still very friendly at the moment, I would probably just go straight for a 2x8GB kit. So you not only get the added performance but also double the capacity.

The RipjawsX and Sniper series models usually are among the best bang for buck kits and if you are using a bigger air cooler, there also is the ARES series with their low profile heatspreaders (F3-2400C11D-16GAB, F3-2133C10D-16GAB). DDR3-2133 is what AMD the 7850Ks memory controller for with two modules, but from my experience the A88X-Pro does pretty well with DDR3-2400 memory and most A10s only need a very minor bump in IMC voltage for that, if at all.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
      X