Lost FPS after upgrading to TridentX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost FPS after upgrading to TridentX

Just built a new system, the last item I switched out was the ram. but on my benchmark with the old ram I had 62.5 Avg FPS and 38.3 min FPS. (This was using Corsair DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) - 9-9-9-24 (ran on the XMP profile)

I upgraded to the Gskill TidentX DDR3 2400 - 10-12-12-31 (using the XMP profile)

My average FPS fell to 61.2 and my min FPS fell to 32.2 obviously the biggest drop being the min FPS.

Is going from a 9 CAS to a 10 really causing a slowdown on my games now. Is going from 1600 to 2400 not making any difference at all?

Just for reference, I'm running a 4790K on an Asus Maximum VII Formula MB

Those are strange results, you should definitely get a much better result with the Trident X RAM. Can you post a screen shot of CPU-Z memory tab with Trident X installed?

Comment

Especially the minimum frame rate should actually improve with faster memory. So there is probably something off with the settings. If you don't mind, also make a screenshot with some memory benchmark like Aida64 or Sandra and ASUS MemTweakIt (this will show a lot more timings than CPU-Z).
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Those are strange results, you should definitely get a much better result with the Trident X RAM. Can you post a screen shot of CPU-Z memory tab with Trident X installed?
        I will have to try the other programs but here is the info from CPU-Z
        Attached Files

Comment

So ran the memory test and it looks pretty good to me.
          Attached Files

Comment

The scores are exactly where they should be at XMP settings. So the memory is probably not be the actual culprit for the FPS reduction.
            Last edited by emissary42; 09-10-2015, 10:05 PM.
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
              The scores are exactly where they should be at XMP settings. So the memory is probably not be the actual culprit for the FPS reduction.
              Thanks, I thought those looked good. I'm not sure what could be causing the FPS drop, haven't really installed any software since swapping the ram. Maybe a Windows 10 patch....

Comment

Working...
              X