Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C11D-16GXL : apps crashing at 2133MHz

Hello,
    Please help me with my new build, which is AMD A10-7800 + MSI A78M-E45 + F3-2133C11D-16GXL (2x8G).
    I've enabled Intel XMP in BIOS and adjusted RAM speed to 2133MHz. Now my apps are crashing in both Windows 8.1 and Linux Mint. I ran memtest86, it showed 100000+ errors.
    When I reduce RAM speed to 1866MHz everything works fine.
    Also I tested memory modules individually at 2133MHz - both work fine.
    What else can I do to make them work together at advertized speed?
    Thank you.

Can you please post screenshots of

- the primary & secondary timings the mainboard applies, when XMP is enabled
    - Aida64 > Motherboard > SPD

Maybe there is one or two timings that are a bit off. That happens every now and then, since AMD platforms have no official support for Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP), but use workarounds to enable them anyway.

It is a bit unusual that both sticks run just fine individually, though. Have you already tried the other memory slots?

Edit: welcome to the support forums
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you.
      Sorry, for some reason BIOS could not save a screenshot to USB stick. But under XMP profile it displayed 11-13-13-31.
      Attached screenshot from AIDA64.
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you try both XMPs and the other memory slots?

You might have to manually adjust the tRAS, since AMD mainboards can not actually run that at 278. I don't know how you configure this timing on MSI models, but you basically have to set it to 300(ns), which should be the nearest available value. If that still does not work, try additionally raising tRRD and tWL to 8.

You could also try to enter a fixed value for the memory controller voltage and/or raise that a little bit. It is probably called something related to northbridge (NB). If it comes to that, try asking the MSI support directions or post a screenshot from the UEFI's voltage section.

To save a screenshot on an USB drive within the UEFI, you have to plug it in an USB 2.0 port and it has to be FAT formatted. It worked just fine with my MSI Z87I Gaming AC.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Problem is solved.
          Turned out I needed to install both modules into the same colored slots. Didn't know that
          Thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X