Serial Number Lookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number Lookup

Is there any software utility that will read the serial number(s) on G.Skill Memory?

I tried the classic CPU-Z, but it will not report any serial numbers. I'm looking for some other way to read the G.Skill serial numbers apart from pulling out the sticks and going for the magnifying glass.

Any ideas are appreciated.

The serial number is printed on the label at the heatspreaders. If you have a kit, that came with a fan, the cardboard box packaging also has those stickers on the backside. Sometimes you will find the serial number on the invoice for your kit, but that varies from shop to shop.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

emissary42,

Thanks for your reply! I only bought a memory kit (no fan). It's a two-piece (2x8GB) 16GB Ares DDR3-1333 Kit. There are numbers under the barcodes on the sticker on the back of the packaging but no serial numbers I'm afraid. Bought this kit from Newegg but no joy on an invoice serial number.

Was hoping for the ability to read the serial numbers via a software tool.

Anyway, thank you again for your reply. It's appreciated,
      force

Comment

Since the serial is not part of the SPD, there is no way to read it out via software. So you don't have to look for other programs that can actually do it. If there was a serial present in the SPD a tool like CPU-Z would list in the SPD tab.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Yes, thanks. I stopped my search after your previous post. CPU-Z has read serial numbers for me for other brand RAM in the past. But based on your posts, since it is not part of the SPD, I see that this will not be possible with G.Skill and the majority of RAM manufacturers.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X