Can't get 4x4gb sniper series to run at 1866

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get 4x4gb sniper series to run at 1866

Purchased two sets of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231460 (total of 16gb) and can't get them to run at 1866 with my Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard and AMD FX 8350. I tried enabling XMP in the BIOS and windows will not boot. It defaults to 1600 with no problems. Otherwise, It seems no matter what I do I get BSOD's...Please help!

XMP will not work because it is designed for one set.

Manually input the basic memory settings, DRAM Frequency, timings, and Voltage.

Raise CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V

Make sure each kit is installed in the same color slots. Test and see how that works and report back.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

What are the basic memory settings for this set up? I think that's half my problem..thanks for the response, BTW.

Comment

The settings on the RAM. Those are the values that need to be input.

Comment

I know what settings are. I meant the actual settings ( like what to set them at).

Comment

These sticks won't run at 1866 in a 4 module set up...

Comment

Yes, the actual settings are listed on the RAM.

DDR3-1866 9-10-9-28 1.50V

If they don't work in a 4 module set up, try raising the DRAM Voltage to 1.60V to see if that helps. If not, lower the DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1600, timings 9-9-9-24, and see if that works. Keep me posted on the result.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

How can I tell how fast my ram is currently running after the settings are changed?

Comment

You mean like in Windows? CPU-Z, Aida64, HWInfo32/64...
                  Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Excellent. Thank you. I'll try this again and give an update.

Comment

Working...
                    X