X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an intel guy but...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819113351

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...t-Core&id=2014

Benches better than all Intel Desktop cpus but a 3930k and is currently under $400 with an included water cooling loop from the factory. Granted it has a 220W (holy hell!) TDP but maybe this can be a shot across the bow of Intel and get them to step up a bit for the first time in 5 years?
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Ever seen someone not overclocking their unlocked intel cpus?

The value ranking tells you the story. Buy a FX-8350 and then oc it to that frequency, in comparison you basically get the board and/or cooling for free. If you really want high end, go for a) an 4770K or b) an 4820k/4930k and overclock the heck out of them. The FX-9590 has barely any oc-headroom left, so thats when it starts falling behind. The Intel offerings will come out on top in almost every possible scenario and probably still be ahead performance / watt wise.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Yeah I know the outcome when you start OCing things, but that is finally an offering from AMD that would actually be plausable in upper tier computer. That hasn't really been an option since the I series launched for Intel. I just like there actually being SOME competition lol. Yes that bench is like compairing a factory OCed video card to a reference card and the OC one winning .

Oh well just found it interesting
      ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

220W vs. 130W

Sounds like American muscle car vs. small engine Japanese car

Comment

I guess you could always turn your cpu fan off and use it to fry bacon? lol

Comment

Working...
          X