Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is RipjawsZ F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL Compatible with ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is RipjawsZ F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL Compatible with ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68)

Hi there,

I am just in the process of building a new system based on the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z and i7 2600K. I took some advice on the best RAM to go for (RipjawsX was the answer) and then promptly ordered:

G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9 1866MHz Dual/Quad Channel Kit (F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL)

Model Name: F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL
    XMP Profile version: 1.3
    Main Board: INTEL
    System Type: DDR3
    M/B Chipset: INTEL P67, INTEL X79
    CAS Latency: 9-10-9-28 2N
    Capacity: 16GB (4GBx4)
    Speed: DDR3-1866 (PC3-14900)
    Test Voltage: 1.5V
    Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
    Error Checking: Non-ECC
    Type: 240-pin DIMM

Yes, the lift goes up but no-one seems to be living there?.

Naturally the RAM has just been delivered and states clearly ?designed for Intel LGA2011 processors and X79 platforms?. I?ve had a delve around and it seems that they may work in the Asus M IV E but the supported xmp version is not matched so I may have to make manual adjustments. Erm, will it work stock (with manual adjustments later if needed) or do I have to manually adjust stuff just to get the PC to boot?

I?d be really grateful if someone could advise me whether I should return these RipJawsZ chips and get RipjawsX or whether the RipjawsZ?s should work fine in my system. Unfortunately, the mobo manual tells me it supports XMP, but not which version so I assume 1.2.

Ultimately, could I damage my mobo with the wrong RAM installed?

Many thanks!

Yes the 1155 is set for XMP 1.2 vs the 2011 socket which uses 1.3 and the Z's are programmed to 1.3, so while they will work, they will need to be set up manually, base timings to 9-10-9-28, 2N, and initially 1.5. You will also want to make sure you have the latest BIOS 0902 which can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...emeZ/#download

If any problems may need to increase DRAM and/or VCCIO voltage (about +.05 ea if needed, start with just DRAM voltage)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you Tman. Appreciate the quick response!

Could I just qualify (as a non-techie although I have built my last three systems but new to oc'ing) - will the system boot natively, or will I have to manually set this all in the BIOS prior?

I just want to put together a stable system before I start to do some homework to understand overclocking better (=at all!).

Cheers.

Comment

May want to start initially with one set, and BIOS should boot up to it's defaults which will prob have the sticks at 1333 or 1600, then set them from there.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Much appreciated Tman!

Comment

No problem. Keep us informed

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X