• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New memory: game crashing

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66ghz CPU
    Asus P5P43Td/USB3.0 Motherboard. Bios version 405
    Geforce GTX 460 SE GPU
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH
    Windows 7 64bit

Latest BIOS/Video drivers/Windows updates

Hello, i already posted in a thread regarding my issues, but I'll just create a new one here.

I recently bought and installed new Gskill RAM listed above. After setting AI tweaker profile in BIOS from Auto to XMP, and setting the first 4 timings (CL, etc), i am able to run my system, post, and recognize all 8gb of RAM.

Problem is, however, whenever i try to play Starcraft 2 , the game crashes within 5-10 minutes. This never happened before i got the Gskill RAM. I am guessing there is something wrong with the settings that needs to be changed BIOS. I will post a screenshot of what it looks like in BIOS for me.

Please assist me in optimizing my performance by tweaking these BIOS settings. I would like to avoid returning this new RAM kit if possible, i would really enjoy using it if it works properly.

Thank you,

Bio

Comment

It would be nice if there was a response. Even if you acknowledge that you're looking into it and need more time, that would be helpful. No response = dissatisfied customer.

Like I said, I would like to avoid returning this RAM kit.

Please advise.

Bio

Comment

Alright, after many hours of google research, i have solved the issue for now.

I am dissatisfied with the Gskill technical support/customer service. But the RAM is working well now that I have fine tuned the settings in BIOS to accommodate the new RAM kit.

Anyone with ASUS P5P43TD / USB3 Motherboard, please observe

source of information: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...-OCZ3X13334GK&

here how to fix RAM compatibility issues in BIOS on my thread at starcraft 2 forums: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/to...age=1#new-post

Originally posted by 33926541202
        Sure, anyone who has an ASUS P5P43TD / USB3.0 Motherboard please observe the following:

The RAM that I upgraded to is Gskill 8GB DDR3 1333 Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH with advertised timings of 7-7-7-21 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231402

In order to make this work, you will have to go to your BIOS, and use the following settings:

Under the AI Tweaker tab,
        since my processor runs its FSB at 1333Mhz, also my RAM does as well:
        AI Overclock Tuner ---- Manual
        FSB Frequency ---- 333
        FSB Strap to North Bridge ---- 333 MHz
        DRAM Frequency ---- DDR3 - 1333 MHz

Now set the RAM timings according to your module. Mine reads 7-7-7-21
        DRAM Timing Control ---- Manual
        CAS# Latency ---- 7 DRAM Clocks
        DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay ----7 DRAM Clocks
        DRAM RAS# Precharge ---- 7 DRAM Clocks
        DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge ---- 21 DRAM Clocks
        Row Refresh Cycle Time ---- Set this to 88 DRAM Clocks, it is a stable setting for DDR3 RAM

Please set the following tabs to [Disabled]:
        DRAM Static Read Control
        DRAM Dynamic Write Control
        DRAM Read Training
        DRAM Write Training
        CPU Spread Spectrum
        PCIE Spread Spectrum

Set: MEM. OC Charger to Enabled
        AI Clock Twister to Light

Set Memory Over Voltage to your module's advertised voltage, mine is 1.5V so i set it at that.
        SET VTT Over Voltage to 1.35000V

And that should fix your RAM compatibility issues with the ASUS P5P43TD socket 775 motherboard.

Source: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...-OCZ3X13334GK&

any questions, contact me at freakinaryan10@hotmail.com

late

chench
        Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66ghz CPU
        Asus P5P43Td/USB3.0 Motherboard. Bios version 405
        Geforce GTX 460 SE GPU
        G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH
        Windows 7 64bit

Latest BIOS/Video drivers/Windows updates
        Last edited by biologikAA; 10-15-2011, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Well glad to hear all is well, Gskill works M-F generally till around 4-5 PST which may be why they didn't get to this thread (Fri 7:36PM), the thread you piggybacked on was based on the P5P43TD PRO where you have the P5P43TD/USB3 which was a bit confusing it took me a couple of looks to catch the difference, and the last post from your original thread was around a little after 3 yesterday, so they may well have already finished with the forums for the day....I do know GSkill provides among the best service to customers in the area of DRAM, but there are times that instant response some members want, can't be met, i.e. your post above from 11PM last night, and there are also times it's hard when there's conflicting info and the a poster jumps from thread to thread...as happened here........

Big thing though is the issue is resolved....and thanks for sharing the info you found, I'm sure it will be of use to GSkill, the members here and me.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X