Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P and F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO

Greetings,
    The new Gigabyte motherboard I ordered from Newegg will arrive shortly, along with an Intel i5-2500k, and the above Gskill ram.
    I am sticking (pardon the pun) with Gskill because of the outstanding support you provided when I upgraded the ram on my ASUS P5Q-PRO.

But I am concerned; Gigabyte lists this specific memory in it's QVL, yet Gskill does not list that board in it's list of supported boards. Nor does your product page even list support for the 1155 socket.

Questions:
    Will this memory work? If so, am I correct that it will automatically setup at 1333mHz?
    Will it set it's own timings or will I need to set them up myself?
    (I have already the F5 BIOS from Gigabyte in preparation of the need to update)
    If I decide to OC, will I need to change the BIOS memory settings, and, if so, how please.

Thank you for your time and good products.
    Dave

I'm guessing they haven't gotten around to testing MANY of the different models on SandyBridge as yet, in part because they want to test as many SB boards as possible w/ the the RipjawsX lines that were designed around SB and the numerous problems that have emerged w/ SB....the mobos have hardly even been out and yet most all have had at least a couple BIOS upgrades.

As to your other questions, I believe they should work with little to no problem, yes, will probably default to 1333 so to use them at 1600 (rated speed) will have to set up manually or use XMP profile. Yes, I'd definitely check for and and flash to the latest BIOS. Ocing would be up to you and how high you would want to take it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the nearly instantaneous response, Tradesman , as well as the useful comments.
      One further question then, if I may;
      I read in another thread here a response of yours: that one may wish to set up one's memory to work specifically for video encoding rather than gaming. While I do not understand why this is so, am I correct to deduce that for video encoding purposes it would be better to not OC the memory to a higher frequency?
      Can you provide further information on this matter?
      Thank you again.
      Dave

Comment

For work/business purposes, I like to see the DRAM at it's rated speed or slightly underclocked and tightened down. With the abundance of sticks available and the various speeds, you can find that quite often the sticks are already at their safest speeds when they come out of the packages. Where DRAM may hiccup is normally when OCed, if it's a game and it BSODs, quite often a person just goes oh c*** and starts over, if it's for work or mission critical and it pops, you could lose hours of work which is time/money out of your pockets. I push systems, but want them as stable and safe as possible unless maybe doing BMs or suicide shots.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello again friends,

Despite the Sandy Bridge recall I am remain a devoted fan of the new system; it is giving me all I wanted, except the ram.

The ram runs at 1066 @ 1.5v @ 9-9-9-24, and I would like very much to get it to at least 1333. Could you please give me some advice on how to do that and what timings I should set, if at all.

Thanks again,
          Dave

Comment

Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1333, then it will operate at that.

You can use 7-8-7-24, then work your way down.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X