Best overclock on F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best overclock on F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

I have the F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH ripjaws and have been loving them so far, amazing timings for a very cheap price, got them for $59.99 at my work.

I currently have them running at 8-8-8-21 1600MHz at 1.65V. just wondering if anyone has any experience in overclocking these chips and how far they got them to overclock

here is my set up

Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
    AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1GHz overclocked to 3.72GHz
    2x2GB F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH
    OCZ vertex 2 60GB SSD (main)
    1TB Seagate 32mb cache (second)
    Cooler Master Extreme 550W PSU
    BFG GTX 260 896mb OC Edition
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Thanks!

Offhand I haven't heard of anyone, but depending on your individual sticks it's entirely possible. Would write down your current settings (to fall back to). Biggest gain would be if you could tighten down to CL7 at the same speed, or get CL7 at a slightly lower speed. Might want to run a benchmark at current settings then do same at your different attempts till you find the sweet spot.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Ya i saw a similar post about these chips where someone got them to 1667MHz at 7-7-7-21, which i thought was crazy!

but so far at the moment 8-8-8-21 is as best i can get without really over volting the board, just wondering what voltages would be safe for the 7-7-7-21.

I wouldnt mind lowere the speed a bit if i could get 7-7-7-21, that would be a nice speed for budget ram in my opinion.

Comment

Just keep testing to see what the lowest timing it can support at each frequency. Every kit is slightly different, so you just need to test your specific kit to your abilities.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

So, after much tweaking and whatnot, was only able to get the memory to 1600MHz with 8-8-8-21 timings and 1.65V

not bad for cheap memory. Im glad i went with Gskill

Comment

Think you'll be happy with them, Enjoy!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What is your CPU-NB Voltage?

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

I will have to check when i get home from work.

Comment

Raise this +0.1V and you may be able to achieve better results.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

so after really working around with these chips, i got them to 7-8-7-21 1600MHz 1.74V

so ran Prime95 for a few hours and it ran great!

im very happy with these chips!

Comment

Sounds good, if you take it any further, toss us an update

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X