Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM Problems with Foxconn G41AP

Hi,

We assembled two machines with this G.Skill ram and the Foxconn motherboard.

The system is a 775 socket but supports DDR3 ram. We have different problems in the two computers.

1. Memtest errors
    When trying two sticks of ram in one of the machines, we always get memtest errors when both sticks are installed in the same motherboard. If we test the sticks independently, we get no errors. We tried these two sticks on a Lenovo M58p machine which also supports DDR3 and found the same issue. However, we took these two sticks to a machine with a Core i7 CPU (LGA1156 socket) and there were no errors when using two sticks. Is this memory not compatible with Core 2 cpus?

2. Random Bluescreens
    In the other machine the two sticks of ram installed at the same time in Dual Channel mode never show up any memtest errors. However, the machine randomly blue screens with error: 0x000000F4. Some google searches point to this being a PATA/SATA HDD error, but the thing is that we are using an ARECA RAID controller, so hard drives are not connected directly to the motherboard, only the DVD Writer, which is a SATA device and shows up as master.

Any ideas on whether the problems may be cause by incompatibility of this memory and Core 2 cpus? The packaging says Designed for i5 and i7, so I am not sure if this makes it incompatible with Core 2 cpus.

should be okay

Ensure the sticks are inserted properly, set the base timings to spec, Command Rate to 2T, and correct DRAM voltage - all manually and give it a try. If you still have problems may want to increase the NB voltage by .1 On the socket 775 mobos your memory controller is in the NB where with the 1156 and 1366 mobos it's in the i series CPU

Comment

Originally posted by RamJam View Post
      Ensure the sticks are inserted properly, set the base timings to spec, Command Rate to 2T, and correct DRAM voltage - all manually and give it a try. If you still have problems may want to increase the NB voltage by .1 On the socket 775 mobos your memory controller is in the NB where with the 1156 and 1366 mobos it's in the i series CPU
      According to the motherboard, the memory base voltage is 1.65V and I can only do 3 increments: +0.05V, +0.10V and +0.15V.

The memory timmings are set to:

DRAM Freq: 1067
      Memory Command Rate: 2T
      Memory Timing by SPD: Disabled
      DRAM tCL: 8
      DRAM tRAS: 24
      DRAM tRP: 8
      DRAM tRCD: 8
      DRAM tWR: 8
      DRAM tRFC: 60
      DRAM tWTR: 4
      DRAM tRRD: 4
      DRAM tRTP: 4
      Memory Hole: Disabled

With those settings I still get memtest errors? Do you suggest I increase the voltage more than the 1.65V? Is it safe since the module is supposed to run at 1.5V?

Comment

I'd drop to 1.6, and add to the NB as RamJam suggested, not sure of your vCore but might try adding +.o4 or so to smooth it out...will look closer this PM or maybe GSkill will have something

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          I'd drop to 1.6, and add to the NB as RamJam suggested, not sure of your vCore but might try adding +.o4 or so to smooth it out...will look closer this PM or maybe GSkill will have something
          We'll that's one of the problems, I cannot lower the voltage as it is not an option in the BIOS for this motherboard. There is only the "Default" voltage value of 1.65V and the addition of 0.05 volts up to 0.15V. That is it.

One of the two pairs of memory works fine at the default 1.65V in one of the G41AP motherboards. The second pair that produces memtest errors has not been tested in the other motherboard because I cannot get that machine down (currently used in a lab for data collection).

Comment

Are they running the same BIOS? Will try and get a manual for the BIOS settigns

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Are they running the same BIOS? Will try and get a manual for the BIOS settigns
              Yep, both motherboards are running the same bios.

Comment

Got a manual, haven't had a chance to look at it yet and have to run to a job site, should have something up on the board by about 6:30-7PM PST this evening.

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Make sure to set memory timings in BIOS.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X