Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A10 6800K + 24/7 + mATX + 2133???

Hello.

I'm building an A10 6800K system that will run 24/7. The MoBo is undecided, but will be with 90% chances an Asus F2A85-M PRO (however I'm open to suggestions for better compatibilty).

So, with this premises, I want the stable yet fast system on "stock" I can match (this is, the more plug&play possible). It seems the 6800K supports 2133 memory, so I found that, as of today, the fastest 2133 modules are the F3-2133C9D-16GTX and F3-2133C9D-16GXH . However, I don't seem to find any differences among them. What should I choose?

Besides of that, considering that I want to run the system 24/7, shall I go with lower speed -but stabler- modules instead of the 2133 ones? If so, can you please recommend me any?

Thanks.

DDR3-2133 is fine with an A10-6800K. The two mentioned kits probably use the same chips, so it is more or less a decision of aesthetics, availability and price.
    Last edited by emissary42; 06-24-2013, 01:22 PM.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Different chips,either will work fine, the Trident is a newer model and has a little more of OC room, if you think that might come in in the future

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks. I'll decide soon what module I put in my motherboard.

The thing that scares me is that in the user manual, it's said that 2133 memories are O.C., so that probably means I'll need to tweak things in the BIOS although the 6800K supports them.

Comment

With high performance products, 'tweaking' should always be expected.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            With high performance products, 'tweaking' should always be expected.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            I know, but the point here is that I want to run the system 24/7, so I don't want to have problems with it.

Comment

OK, use a single kit of RAM, purchase a frequency your CPU can comfortably support (DDR3-2133 or under), input the settings correctly in BIOS (ask for help if necessary), then your system will run 24/7 very smoothly without any problems.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

hi tlf, I have same apu 6800k.just too mention uou probably know that with apus fast memory makes a big difference to the performance cause igpu can access data faster I trident x 2400 installed and makes noticeable increases in performance particularly in graphics reliance programmes like photoshop I also gound 8gb ti be enough memory for me 16gb bit overkill but thatd just my opion

Comment

Working...
                X