G.Skill Ripjaws-X compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Ripjaws-X compatibility

Is this memory only compatible with Sandybridge 3rd generation CPUs? Or could I use it with Haswell?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-Ripj...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

Any help appreciated, thanks.

The Ripjaws X were designed w/ SB in mind but should be fine with Haswell, just as they are fine with Ivy Bridge

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you! Would CL10 be much slower an CL9?

Comment

Not a ton, the lower the CL the better (and the better to possibly OC the DRAM and gain higher bandwidth (more MBs per second)....if thinking 1600/10 though, I'd prob look to an 1866 set. In mid level systems I normally look to 2133 CL10, 1866 CL9, 1600 CL8

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

In your opinion would it be worth £20\$30 more to buy CL 8 than CL10 if they were both 1600, as after more research those are my best options. Thanks again.

Comment

I'd go with the lower CL, most 1600/CL8 sets can easily run 1866/CL9 and often 2133/CL10 with just a bit of extra voltage....and the higher the freq the more bandwidth you have

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X