SNIPER F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 + sabertooth z77 + i5 3570k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNIPER F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 + sabertooth z77 + i5 3570k

Hello i have the above mentioned ram and when trying to run in with xmp profile i get constant crashes prime95 freezes cant run wei or finish it in otherr words its very unstable

running it @1333 mhz 999282t seem to be ok.

Does this ram not work @1600 mhz from xmp profile

other specs::
    win 7 64bit sp1
    scythe 750 watt psu
    mushkin ssd
    gainward gtx 580 phantom

thank you, and btw i tried every possible thing including setting timings manually. it is just unstable.

I am thinking of replacing it for this ram:
    [ ARES] F3-2133C11Q-16GAO

what are your thoughts please?

sorry if topic is in wrong category.

Do you have the latest BIOS? May want to try raising DRAM voltage, many mobos aren't geared up for low voltage DRAM yet

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you, i did upgrade bios also to latest Asus has.

But, like I said over the phone to the pleasant and nice guy over at G.SKill, i was on my way to the shop to exchange snipers for [ ARES ] F3-1600C9Q-16GAO, so far i plugged them in and prime95 64bit is running and so far without problems.

Too bad about snipers, i kinda liked the idea about low voltage, but having to up the voltage kinda misses the point.

Thank you for your quick advice, as I have exchanged the SNipers in question this matter is now closed.

Altough you should take a look at your ram configurator, you have these Snipers listed for sabertooth z77 board but when you open details and under qvl list of motherboards there is only sabertooth p67, kind of confusing.

Also I have no idea why but, all the others in have "XMP Ready for 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors" or similar as to Snipers (1.25) have nothing except read more. Which adds to confusion when your read Asus qvl and find this ram to be able to operate in xmp 1.25 v with 9-9-9-24 @1600.

bunja

Comment

WIll check on the configurator, though I'm not GSkill and don't really use that. On the QVL, more than likey the default boot speed was 1333 when they 'tested', and the only testing they did was at the default, so the sticks may actually have been running at 1333 (maybe 1600) but at the mobos default of 1.5, they don't test at XMP values, see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Any who, glad things are working well now

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Dear Bunja,

The nice guy you spoke to over the phone asked us to assist you further. We read over your case and looked through our test results. Our test with the Sabertooth Z77 motherboard was with a i7-3770K CPU (shouldn't be too different from your i5-3570K CPU), and passed our internal suite of stability and stress tests. So the motherboard was deemed capable of handling the Sniper 1.25V memory kit.

We noticed something though, since you switched over to a 4-module 16GB memory kit, did you happen to use two Sniper kits (4GBx2 x2) for a total of 16GB? If so, that may be the problem, since low voltage at 1.25V would be difficult to spread across 4 modules, and is also the reason why our Sniper 1.25V memory kits (SR2) only come in 2-module kits.

At the very least, 4 modules would require a minimum of 1.35V, which is our other low voltage Sniper memory kit option (SR1).

That is the most likely scenario we can think of, in regards to your issue with our Sniper 1.25V memory kit.

Thank you for choosing G.SKILL!

Comment

Working...
          X