F3-10666CL9Q-8GBRL BSOD + Memtest Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9Q-8GBRL BSOD + Memtest Issues

Model of the motherboard: ASUSTeK P8H61-M Pro (the RAM in question is listed in the mobo's manual as being compatible) with Intel Ivy Bridge chipset.
    Model of the memory: Ripjaws F3-10666CL9Q-8GBRL
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core i5 3470 Ivy Bridge
    Model of Graphics Card: Nvidia Ge-Force GTX 560 Ti

Hi,

I built my own PC back in September 2012, and since then everything has been running smoothly, up until a few days back.

I was playing Mechwarrior: Online with a few friends, when out of nowhere I got a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x050 BSOD. A few minutes later, I got a NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM 0x024 BSOD when trying to install the latest Nvidia driver for my graphics card. Given the initial BSOD, and one of the more probable causes of the 0x024 BSOD being RAM issues, I decided to run Memtest86 off a USB pen drive.

On the first pass, it threw up a total of 1046 various errors, but after reading a few more posts online, I am unsure if this was because of faulty RAM, or because I didn't run it one stick at a time. I will test this later if required, along with performing more passes if need be.

Since the bluescreens, my PC has been running as normal, however I have not attempted to re-install the driver, nor have I attempted to replay Mechwarrior: Online, so I am unsure as to what the probable causes could be outside of either of those two functions triggering a fault.

I've only had the sticks for 4 months, and I do not overclock, and my BIOS settings all check out (running at a voltage of 1.5, with timings of 9-9-9-24-2N and 2T command rate); I also don't take to causing RAM sticks any sort of grevious bodily harm, so to suddenly have BSODs and Memtest errors popping up on an otherwise stable machine is a bit of a surprise.

True you should run Memtest 1 stick at a time - if really needed I normally let it go overnight when I run the full test, though normally I just run through 4-5 passes.....there's a couple of oter possibles, you might check your page file and possibly enlarge that a bit (it can cause errors of the like you got), might also run defrag....and...may want to raise the DRAM voltage + 0.02 or so in case it was from a fluctuation in the electrical feed to the DRAM or slightly low feed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What would you recommend for the page file size? I've never actually had to touch it in the past, since Windows has generally been fine with working it all out for itself.

I'll try the sticks seperately tomorrow, since I'm extremely paranoid about electrical stuff being on overnight (TVs, Radios, PCs, anything like that), and with it being nearly 1am I doubt I'll even get through a single pass.

What would you recommend if one or both of the sticks throw up errors when put through their paces by Memtest seperately?

Comment

I'd go ahead and RMA, if getting errors now, especially in one stick, after being fine then may have one going bad - however if both pop out errors then it may well be a voltage issue, as suggested above and might be correctable by a slight increase.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I increased the voltage to 1.52 and managed to install the driver I mentioned. I also managed to get through about 5 matches of MW:O without a hitch, and running Memtest oif the sticks (4 passes each) showed no errors, so I'm going to say it's fixed.

Thank you.

Comment

Sounds like a winner, glad all is looking good, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X