Help F3-2133C9Q-32GZH with ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Pro & i7 3820

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help F3-2133C9Q-32GZH with ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Pro & i7 3820

Hello, I need help getting my RAM to run at it's intended speed.

By default it is running at DDR3-1333. If I try to manually change it, system won't boot. Can't even try 1600. If I try XMP profiles, no boot.

It was suggested that I can't choose the XMP profiles because my CPU isn't a K or X model.

After attempting different settings, the best I can get is the following:

DDR3-1866
    9-11-11-31
    CPU Core: 1.330v
    VCCSA: 1.300v
    DRAM: 1.624v
    VTT: 1.164

I'm not sure what other values will help me reach 2133, any help is appreciated. My voltage options are: CPU, VCCSA, DRAM, VTT, CPU PLL, PCH1.1V, PCH1.5V

BCLK is at 100.

You'll have to OC via the BCLK and the multiplier, there's a good article here:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/core-i...cessor-review/

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I read through that entire article.

What they did just contradicts what I was told about XMP not working with 3820 since they got their DDR3-2133 working fine.

I don't think I have a way to directly change the FSBRAM multiplier, only a selection for the RAM speed based on the BLCK. But if I change the BCLK from 100, then I don't think I'll get a multiplier that would give me 2133. (It would me more like 2000 or 2200?)

Again, any suggested values to try in my BIOS I am open to.

I suspect I need to up some more voltages but I'm not sure what safe values I can max VCCSA at...

Comment

Hey, any other suggestions?

I feel the voltages I used to get 1866 are pretty high, so I'm worried about trying to reach 2133, but if I can get some input on "max" values, or a suggested method of increasing the voltages I can try it tonight.

I feel just increasing one setting won't work and I need to do a combination of some, or I'm missing a setting.

I can post all the voltages I'm getting if it will help anyone help me. Thanks.

Comment

VCCSA: 1.300V is quite high, should not need much more.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Post pictures of BIOS and we can see what's going on. It is possible the BIOS still needs some work.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

I'm willing to work on the BIOS more to get to the operating speeds.

I have the latest BIOS (but I think ASRock needs to push out a newer one).

I tested each stick and none can let me load the XMP profile, nor set to 2133 manually. Memtest86+ seems fine.

Here's the screenshots I took when I got it to run at 1866. No luck trying to get to 2133.

Comment

I'd try enabling XMP to profile 1, the manually change VTT to 1.2 and prob lower VCCSA to 1.25 and DRAM to 1.65

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes, raising the DRAM to 1.65v could be helping you to reach 2133Mhz, or you can lower the timing to 11-11-11-30 and try again.

Comment

Also check the BIOS for updates and/or contact ASRock to see if a BIOS update is in the works

Tman

Comment

I tried the suggestion to lower the VCCSA to 1.25, raise VTT to 1.2 and DRAM to 1.65v, no go. Same thing.

Tried it again with increased timing, no difference.

Mobo keeps showing error 69 which is Northbridge DXE Init

Comment

Contact AsRock to see if they have any idea. If not, I would suggest trying another motherboard.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

please enable the XMP profile 1 and adjust the TRFC to 255, it will running 2133Mhz, however,
                        the motherboard BIOS has some issue and we contact the Asrock already.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
                          please enable the XMP profile 1 and adjust the TRFC to 255, it will running 2133Mhz, however,
                          the motherboard BIOS has some issue and we contact the Asrock already.
                          THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

This worked!!

And to test it even further, I set all the settings back to Auto, and only set the tRFC to 255 and the XPS profile 1, and it worked just fine! All voltages worked on Auto, too.

Thanks again. I was seriously about to RMA either the Motherboard or the RAM. Definitely giving this memory 5 stars on NewEgg. ASRock might only get 3 or 4.

Comment

Glad GSkill got that info on the BIOS problem....more notes into my books....gotta love GSkill and GSkill Tech, always digging for the answers, wish I had some of their connections

Tman

Comment

because this issue was not happened with other motherboards, so i am very sure our memory should not be the reason who cause this issue.
                              anyways, glad to see we working together and solving this, i believe you are the first one who can using 2133Mhz/8GB x4 with this motherboard!!

Comment

Working...
                              X