X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with F1-320phu2-2gbnt and HP Pavilion a1250n

HP Pavilion a1250n
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00485646

Model of the motherboard: MSI AMETHYST-M (Socket 939)
    Model of the memory: F1-320phu2-2gbnt
    Model of the CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

I just bought the F1-320phu2-2gbnt from newegg to upgrade my patents computer.
    After installing the ram all I could get was a POST error.
    I've tried with old ram, only new ram.
    Ive update the bios but no luck.

What else can I try?

Might try resetting the CMOS, ensure the sticks are installed in the correct slots and then give it a try. If no go try raising the DRAM voltage to 2.75....Might also want to drop HP a line if problems persist, many of their older systems require propriatary components, in particular DRAM and hard drives (so they could try and ensure they got all the upgrade business)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried all your suggestions but no luck. There is no way to set the dram voltage in the bios.

Looking around the net I think your right about the proprietary component idea.

Is there any way to return this ram or preferably exchange them for a pair I can use.
      I hope so because these were rather expensive.

Comment

Prob just got them so contact your re/e-tailer, most have a 30 day or so return policy

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have an rma setup.

Thanks for your help, Tradesman.

Comment

No problem, hope all works out well, drop us an update

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X