This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TIP] Creating a "default" profile

Something I missed a lot in this software was the possibility of having a "default" profile to which the KB would go back once you exit a game/program.

One of the staff gave me an idea some time ago, creating an .exe file which I could execute everytime I wanted the profile to revert to that "default" setting. I thought that was a bit o a mess, so I didn't do it.

Today I had the brilliant idea of linking my default profile to explorer.exe and... profit! Each time I exit a game that has a profile linked and go into the desktop, or I open Chrome, or anything different than the game, my default profile is executed and stored in the keyboad memory.

And another tip, this time for developers: you can just do this in your software so user do not need to do it.

Thanks for the excellent tip!

We'll check with the software team to see if this integration is possible, but since explorer.exe is a Windows system program, it might cause other unintended issues. In any case, we'll pass your feedback to our software team and hopefully a fix can be included in a future update.

Comment

Other option to this that could be easily maked by the G.Skill developers (or at least I think so), is to save the default profile when the program is stopped.

For example, you set Profile 1 to be default, and Profile 2 to be executed when chrome.exe is executed. When chrome.exe is executed, it will load profile 2. And when you close chrome, the g.skill software will see that chrome.exe isn't execute anymore, and will load again profile 1.
      Last edited by Rafa; 10-10-2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X