F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL VCCSA Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL VCCSA Confusion

I am F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL owner. And I am very confused. Should I give 1.25 VCCSA for my rams? F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL http://gskill.com/products.php?index=434

Rampage IV Extreme
    Gskill 1866 CL9 2 x 2 x 4GB

Shouldn't need it, no. Your default VCCSA should suffice, should prob be about 0.925, generally no need to mess with VCCSA and DRAM unless very high freq, high OC on the DRAM (and I mean OC above and beyond spec) or in large quantities of 32/64GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Than if it is not needed why gskill says 1.25 V VCCSA needed to enable XMP? I do not understand this thing. On gskill site http://gskill.com/products.php?index=434 near Rampage IV Extreme there is XMP manual and there it is written 1.25 VCCSA.

Comment

Good catch, the example they posted there (not even sure why the 'XMP Manual' is posted there if for a 2400 set of DRAM (prob the 32GB set), will contact them and get it changed, though since they are in China, prob won't be till Mon or so.

Thanx from me and GSkill (on their behalf)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

woww. Thats good than. And also should I change mode1 in dram timings? Because when I set XMP, than it sets 9-10-9 automatically. Should I just select XMP or do something to enable XMP?

Comment

Should be good, XMP Profile 1 should set things to 8-10-9-28 and DRAM voltage to 1.5, CR should be 2T or 2N (though some mobos try to go tighter to 1T/1N - if it is at 1 and is stable, leave it, the performance is slightly higher than 2T (the default)

Tman

Comment

Should I select mode 1 on dram timing section for R4E? Because on manual it is written so but you said this manual is for 32GB or 24XX speeds.

Comment

XMP is based on the package of sticks you have, the XMP programming in the SPD will differ from set to set i.e. your set has it's programming profile, an 8GB set of the same sticks will differ, a 32 GB set will have it's own, etc....which is why it's not a good idea to mix sets as XMP won't set things correctly, i.e. if you buy two packages and put them together say 2 sets of 2x4GB) XMP will see settings for a set of 2x4GB not for the 4x4GB you have installed and while the base timings may be the same the secondary/advanced timing needed will differ vastly, especially in tRFC and maybe tFAW

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X