• Show
Clear All

• MemTest error only in Dual channel

RAM: 4x4gb Ripjaw-z 2133mhz cl9-11-10 1.65v
    Mother: 990xa-ud3
    CPU: FX-8120
    PSU: Corsair 850

All test done at 1333mhz cl9-11-10 and 1600mhz cl9-11-10
    Tested in single channel with none error. But when dual channel i got 9999 errors. I tried 1.7volt, up the CPU NB 0.1~0.2
    I tried same ram in a 990fx-ud5 with none error in dual channel. So i guess is a problem of ram configuration. I also copy all the ram timming from the other mobo, and same problem.

Any help?

Did you use same CPU?

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Do you have the modules installed in the same color slots furthest away from CPU?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

-all slot used (4 dims) (same error if i use only 2 dims in dual channel, not mutter if i use the slots away from cpu or closer to cpu, all same error)
      -Bios updates
      -Yes same CPU (also i check working rams, wit none problem from other pc, in this PC and same error just in dual channel)

I notice error only appear only when i test/use many ram (4gb+). If i run thest for only 2gb none error or just 1 or 2. Not muter if 4 memTest testing 500mb each at same time or one of 2000mb. But if i test lot of ram i get 99999999999999 errors, all continue.
      Last edited by alegelos; 05-14-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Is this a single set of 4x4GB or 2 sets of 2x2GB (mixed sets can be problematic)...Memtest often will show errors when testing multiple sticks which is usually indicative of your advance timings or voltages being off. Do you have the latest BIOS? Can you post your BIOS settings (DRAM and voltages?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Last Bios from Gigabyte, single set of 4x4gb

Comment

Try NB Voltage 1.2 and raise CPU NB VID a notch (or 2) - not sure where it's at, just shows AUTO

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok i try NB to 1.84 and CPU NB to 1.35v but all same.

Comment

Will drop GSkill tech to take a look Tues if he has a chance

Tman

Comment

Only 2 dims in Dual channel with CPU NB 1.35 are stable and no memTest error. But 9999 errors with 4 dims :S

Any idea?

Comment

Haven't seen GSkill Tech being in today, maybe Thur

Tman

Comment

please make sure that you with the latest F10 BIOS and try again, if not, please test the frequency at 1866MHz(with 4 DIMMs), and follow the memory SPEC 9-11-10-28
                      2N(T) 1.65v let us know the test result, however, the motherboard support up to 1866Mhz only.
                      http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3901#sp

Comment

Really? i already test all that. i was 2 days testing every single option in order to make them work.

I already test: 1866MHz(with 4 DIMMs), and follow the memory SPEC 9-11-10-28
                        2N(T) 1.65v
                        and also tested F10 in Bios.

Comment

If your mobo has DOCP (DRAM Over Clock Profile) you might try that, otherwise you can experiment with the settings, most 8120 and 8150s I've seen can run 2 sticks of 1866 but after that (higher freq or more sticks) most seem to have problems in trying to run....AMD did finally change the advertised specs to indicate the FX CPUs are able to run UP TO 1866 at 1 stick per channel

Tman

Comment

Try lower settings with 4 modules to see if it can be stable.

DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

If not, you may have a bad motherboard or CPU. The memory works fine in the other motherboard, so it should work fine in this one as well.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                            X