Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems at 1066 Mhz with 8Gb (4Gb) F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI & (4Gb) F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems at 1066 Mhz with 8Gb (4Gb) F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI & (4Gb) F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B

Computer Specifications

Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H . 790 GX . With last bios version Beta F7I, and try too with bios version F6.

Proccesor Phenom II 955, 125W revision C3.

Power supply Nox Urano II 630W.

Vga for this computer, Nvidia Geforce 6600. I will replace it soon.

Memory, 8Gb (4Gb 2x2) Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI & (4Gb 2x2) Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B.

Seagate Sata Hard Disk

Ide Lg Dvd Rw.

Pci Conceptronic Wireless C54Ri Network card.

Problems

Blue screens in 1066 Mhz Ddr2 Gskill memory 8 Gybtes in Dual Channel Mode. Try change, Up values on bios for voltage Memory, (standart put in 1.80-1.90 but Gskill standart voltage value for my F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI and B, are 2.0 ?r 2.1), change voltage first 0.25 and later 0.50 on Nb motherboard and Nb Cpu, and change memory timming for more slow values, but not stable system.

Fail random blue screens on Windows 7 64 Bits and fail ever on Memtest86+ 3 Test.

Update motherboard Bios for better compatibility with my Phenom 955 C3 125W to last bios F6 and later to F7i Beta. Computer have a Old Pci Express Geforce 6600 and Power Supply Nox II Urano 630W.

Change values, tests and tests but not stable 8Gbytes Ram, 2Gbx4, at 1066 Mhz in Dual Channel...

Other user, confirm my suspect. He try first with Gskill 8Gb memory in this motherboard and blue screen, He wrote messages on Gskill forum, but solutions for Administrators Gskill no resolve problems. Later, user buy 8 Gbytes Ddr 2 Corsair Dominator Memory, and then work fine at 1066 Mhz in Dual Channel without problems.

Sure is incompatibility Gigabyte with Gskill memory... (and Amd in Ddr2 1066 Mhz Dual Channel have a poor support).

In bios change values and test a lot off combinations... but now, read on other post, Ec Firmware option is better put on normal..... I think, I have it on Hybrid. Not important for me, my 955 no need unlock cores... I will test put in normal mode or Disabled this option if is possible.

I will test put memory at 1066 Mhz on single channel and later put memory at 800 Mhz in Dual Channel. Test in Memtest86+ and Windows 7. I are stable configurations, I decide remain with more faster test option, If is not possible work at 1066Mhz in dual channel.

I had a other 8Gbytes Gskill Kit, F2-8800Cl5D-4GBPI with certified 1.9v, (1100 Mhz), working in a Intel motherboard Gigabyte Ga-X38-DQ6 with Q9550, Nvidia Gtx 280, Power Supply Nox Urano I 600W. With randomly issues no boot... (fail boot and beep 1 or 2 in a month, need power off, remove power cord, wait minits, then work and no fail to next month). But work fine with low value 7,7,7,20 . It fast at 1066 Mhz. Working and fast but more boot problems, If I put it at 1100 Mhz. Working fine with W7 64 Bits and ... .. If yes and Mac Osx 10.6.8.

I look values on bios and in Amd plataform maximum value for Row Cycle Time is 42-48 and in Intel plataform is + 68.. In auto with values 7,7,7,20 Ga X38 Dq6 put Row Cycle Time in 68 value and then work very fine and stable, with minor fail boot 1 attemp in month. No possible in Amd plataform put value 68.

Recommendations???.

Ps. In my Principal Computer, I7 2600 with Hd6870 Ati, Power supply Ocz Zx1250W and 16Gbytes Kit ddr3 1600 Mhz Ripjaws X on Asrock P67 Extreme 4 motherboard, Need time an change values for complete stable computer for fix randomly reboots and blue screen. Finally change values for motherboard and for Memory, (but no problems for put official Gskill timmings memory values), NOW Work very fine and fast... With now, two systems... W7 64 and.... .. Mac Osx 10.6.8 and soon with Lion.... . But needed change values and tests and more tests for memory work fine with computer and no blue screens and reebots system....

Gskill need improve compatibility memory with motherboards. And more with Gigabyte.

Thanks and Greetings for your attention.
    Last edited by Filrond; 12-08-2011, 10:17 AM. Reason: Fix errors

For the AMD system, make sure DRAM Voltage is 2.10V. Each memory kit should be in the same color memory slots. Raise CPU-NB and HT Voltage to stabilize DDR2-1066. You can also OC NB Frequency.

For the Intel system, raise NB Voltage slightly. It should have no proboem with DDR2-1100. If you have problems, post some pictures of BIOS so we can see if anything is incorrect.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank for your response. I need restar good in this weekend and no test this values at this moment. Today in the afternoo, i will test change values.

I have photos for Intel Gigabyte Ga-X38-Dq6 System values:

Later i will try put photos for Amd Gigabyte motherboard System, my really problem.

Comment

Final 4 photos for Intel Ga-X38-Dq6 Bios configuration system

Comment

Test no Good Luck at this moment

On Intel Ga X38-Dq6.

I run on 1066 Mhz... 8Gbytes Gskill Kit, F2-8800Cl5D-4GBPI... but for stable system need put values on auto in motherboard... and then:

5 5 7 20 cas values... you see pics.

In 1100 mhz, system test with auto and later with manual up memory volt to 1.936v, and Nb voltage...

System with 5 5 7 20 work and init. and work various days, but one day, no init good, and then Beeps, beeps, blue screens and windows 7 64 bits reset problems...[ latter appears archive memory.dmp (dump) ]. No complete stable..

Finally back to 1066 Mhz and with 5 5 7 20 values. With original 5 5 5 15 values in 1066 Mhz is not 100% stable.

Only 100% stable 8 Gbytes with this values 5 5 7 20 and pics values, at 1066 Mhz on Intel GA X38 Dq6 system.

AMD PROBLEMS COMPUTER ARE WORST.....

8Gb (4Gb 2x2) Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI & (4Gb 2x2) Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B.

Try with your configurations changes... but... problems image artifacts on init and motherboard freeze on screen init test.

I test put 1066 Mhz on Auto and nothing, (days ago work but no stable, now freeze in init test screen)...

8Gbytes With 800 Mhz in Ddr speed work fine and pass Memtest86 test.. in Ganged and Unganged Mode with 5 5 5 15 Cas Values. Work fine.

But If I try put 1066 Ganged or Unganged, with auto or modify manual values, at this moment, motherboard freezes on init screen test and appears artifacts images..

This motherboard is a 790Gx, with Ati Hd3300 onboard vga integrated... problems with this onboard vga motherboard?... I test with new latest Bios Gigabyte Beta F7I, GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H . 790 GX . I will test with F6 Bios. [ But I using Geforce Old but perfect work (test in other system), Nvidia 6600 Gt PciExpress Card, no use onboard Vga ].

But I now testing kits 4gb separately at 1066.

At this moment I am testing only with Kit 4Gb (2x2) Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI Silver version.

And Work very fine at 2.0V Ddr 2 voltage, Ec firmware Hybrid, Cas Values 5 5 5 15 with extraordinaries other values trc=25 and Command Rate 2T, and Auto on voltage Nb and other motherboard voltages, no need change manually voltages.

Computer work very fast, no freezes init problems and in Test W7 Value result is for memory 7.6 .. ?? Is great!!.

I now testing memory with Memtest86+ for secure complete stable.

Later, I will test separately the other 4 Gbytes Kit (2x2) Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B Black version.

Its possible 1 or 2 dimm Kit F2.8500CL5D-4GBPI-B are in bad state?.

At fast possible, I will upload Pics for Amd Gigabyte Bios Value Settings.

Greetings and Thanks for your attention....
          Last edited by Filrond; 12-28-2011, 05:08 PM. Reason: Fix Errors

Comment

Ddr2

Originally posted by Filrond View Post
            Computer Specifications

Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H . 790 GX . With last bios version Beta F7I, and try too with bios version F6.
            Problems

Blue screens in 1066 Mhz Ddr2 Gskill memory 8 Gybtes in Dual Channel Mode.
            Sorry for the late reply, but I only just got Post access. I have the same MoBo and did a lot of searching to "resolve" my DDR2 issue.

My situation: I had 4GB of DDR2-1066 OCZ memory (2x2gb), running just fine at a full 1066 on my PC with AM2+ Phenom II x4 cpu. But when I upgraded to 8GB by adding two more sticks of identical OCZ Platinum DDR2-1066 memory, I could not run it above 800MHz w/o crashing. BIOS: F6.

I tried every DRAM timing and voltage setting I could think of. Nothing worked. Later tried upgrading bios to F7i. No difference.

I discovered that if I used the onboard video instead on my video card (a Radeon 5850), I can run the memory stably @ 1066, but not when using a separate card. Weird. But the upgrade from 800MHz to 1066MHz didn't make up for the performance hit by using onboard video. So I'm stuck running my ram at 800MHz. No way around it I'm afraid (default settings work best.)

I "suspect" it has to something to do with the limited bandwidth of the memory controller in the AM2+ processor. Upgrading to AM3 *may* allow me to run all 8gb at a full 1066 (and, who knows? DDR3?)

Another odd quirk when using onboard video to run the DS4H at 1066: If you run Memtest86+, any ram on your video card will be recognized at extra accessible ram and be tested (but Windows won't let you use it.) Funny.
            Last edited by Mugsy; 12-30-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

More Results for my recent Test

Hello. Thank you for your answer.

Happy new year 2012.

I tested separately the other 4 Gbytes Kit (2x2) Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B Black version at 1066Mhz. Works just as well that the Silver 4GB Kit F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI. Work fine.

Then problem is motherboard, memory or Amd limitation at 8Gb..

But I readed Gigabyte Ga-Ma790Gp-DS4H User message in other forum. Same problems memory at 1066 with 8 Gb size, fixed with 2 kit Corsair Dominator 4x2Gb... but I not sure if is real problem with GsKill memory and Gigabyte motherboards compatibility or problems with Amd chipsets or proccesor memory..

I have a Phenom II Black Edition 955 Processor Am3 .

I test 8 gb finally work at 1066 Mhz and work Windows 7 64Bits, work fast yes. Need start test again.

Work in Windows 7, work fine for minits, hours or day, but in a moment, fail computer, blue screen and reset system. Restart system and Windows 7 work again for time, but later or soon time, appears new blue screen in random moment.

Mentest86 confirm on tests, is no memory stable configuration. I changed values in voltages and Settings in timmings, and errors on memtest appears on 2 or 3 test...

The better value in change bios configurations was only 16 errors on 3 test mentest86 but no complete pass, I aborted bored.... In the next message, I say you values put in this archieved better test.

Cpu Nb up to 1.4v
              DdrRam to 2.0v
              Trfc 195 ns
              Values 5, 5, 5, 15
              trc: 33 (with 42 result was worst than 33)

I other configurations bios values at 1066 MHz, memtest fail in 2 test or fail in 3 test with more de 100-200 errors....

I later try test with 800 Mhz..

4 4 4 12 with only 1.88V in memory (all in auto), with trc value 25 and other values low.. and Work great very fine in Windows and in Memtest. 8 Gbytes no problem.

I will new test configurations with 1066 or 800 Mhz... 1066 tests for try work stable and 800 tests for more low possible timmings at 800 with complete stability.

I will run memory benchmarks for check better perfomance archive and later remained with better performance archive at complete stable system.

Other possible way, try better possible low timmings in 850, 950 Mhz memory..

Greetings

PS: As Soon possible I put pics in thread, for Amd System, at this moment only put pics for Intel System.

I CONFIRMED SYSTEM WORK VERY FAST, COMPLETE STABLE, AT 1066 MHZ, GANGED MODE WITH ONLY 4 GB RAM and finally with low value settings, for example (trc to 25). Only need change Ddr Ram volt to 2.00 or 2.1. But better to 2.0 for heat. At 2.0 work fine and stable.

Problems are with 8Gbytes.
              Last edited by Filrond; 01-02-2012, 10:54 AM. Reason: fix errors

Comment

Keep us posted

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

4gb and under will run just fine at 1066.
                  8gb will only run at 800 using the Auto settings.

Try using on-board video and testing all 8gb at 1066.

Comment

Thank you Mugsy but no. FAIL

" 4gb and under will run just fine at 1066.
                    8gb will only run at 800 using the Auto settings.

Try using on-board video and testing all 8gb at 1066. "

Thank you Mugsy but no. FAIL

Finally no work at 1066. Now I using at 800 Mhz, with great very low values..

With On-board video at 1066 Mhz, the same problems. No pass Memtest, and in Windows, Ramdom Crash with Blue Screen...

Bad Luck and 8800 (1100 Kit on Intel computer), only work fine at 1066 Mhz with Bios Auto Settings... 5, 5, 7, 20 ...

No great results with GSkill memory and Gigabyte motherboards

Greetings

Comment

Sorry to hear that using on-board video and bypassing your video card didn't pass Memtest. It worked for me (surprisingly) and thought it would for you as well.

I'm confused though by your post. Are you saying you get stable results @ 1066 with your DRAM timing set to "5-5-7-20"?

If so, there's no need to tweak them, as any performance gain would be minimal.

Comment

You mistake

Originally posted by Mugsy View Post
                        Sorry to hear that using on-board video and bypassing your video card didn't pass Memtest. It worked for me (surprisingly) and thought it would for you as well.

I'm confused though by your post. Are you saying you get stable results @ 1066 with your DRAM timing set to "5-5-7-20"?

If so, there's no need to tweak them, as any performance gain would be minimal.

No 1066 Mhz with 5-5-7-20 is on computer Intel.

Q9550 with Gigabyte GA-X38 Dq6 and F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI . Is 1100 Mhz memory, but only work fine at 1066 Mhz with this no good values.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
                        X