F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM & Asrock Z68 Pro Gen 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM & Asrock Z68 Pro Gen 3

1st, let me say, this memory works great at it's rated speed and Cas.
    2nd, I'm a noob when it comes to overclocking.

My hardware is an ASRock Z68 Pro Gen 3 motherboard, Intel 2500K processort, and GSkill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM memory.

I'm running the 2500K OC'd to 4.0 GHz. using the ASRock Turbo 4.0 option in the BIOS

By playing around a little, I've found the memory runs quite well at 1866 9,9,9,24,1n and 1.5 volts DRAM. It will even run at 2133 11,11,11,30,1n but won't pass any stress tests.

There are a number of other settings available in the BIOS but I just left them all set to Auto.

At 1866, it will pass the Intel Burn Test (v2) on the Standard setting but will have problems on the High setting. It will also have errors on Prime 95

I tried upping the voltage to 1.53 but that just seemed to error out sooner.
    I also tried settings of
    9-9-9-26-1n
    9-9-9-27-1n
    9-9-9-28-1n
    9-9-9-24-2n
    9-10-9-24-1n,
    9-10-9-24-2n,

all to no avail. It still errors out on Prime 95

I was hoping you could suggest what settings to use to get the mem completely stable at 1866.

P.S. According to SISandra the mem settings are 9-9-9-24 6-33-12-7 1T

Thanx,
    Randy
    Last edited by RMA; 08-01-2011, 04:35 PM.

Prob need to add a pinch to the MC voltage, believe it shows as CPU/VTT or something similar, may want to add about .04 to .06

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

A couple more questions...

Thanx for responding Tradesman..
      I set the VTT to 1.09 from the 1.051 it was at. Didn't seem to help much. So I left it there and changed the timings to 9-10-9-28-1N. Things got a bit better. Running Prime95 the 4th "worker" (thread?) crapped out almost immediately but the other 3 continued to run without error for over 30 minutes. I then tried the IntelBurnTest on High, and it ALMOST made it thru... but it failed towards the end of the last test. I think it's quite close to being at the stability level I'd be happy with, but I would appreciated any suggestions on what else to try.

Questions:
      In HWinfo64 there are 3 temperature readings:
      Memory Ambient:
      Memory Channel 0 Rank Max:
      Memory Channel 1 Rank Max:

The Ambient temp always stays at 50C. During stress testing, both of the Channel
      Ranks rise from a base of 51C up to as high as 92C. I'm wondering just what those
      temps represent as I know this memory doesn't have temperature sensors in them.

What is the safe temp range for this RAM? Is there some way to calculate the actual
      RAM temp from the HWinfo64 Channel Rank reading?

In case you haven't seen the ASRock Z68 Pro Gen3 BIOS yet, I've listed the settings that are available and what they are currently set at. I list these in the hope that they will aid in your suggestions.

Load Optimized Turbo profile. 4.0 Turbo
      Internal PLL Overvoltage. Enabled
      Intel Speedstep. Enabled
      Core Current Limit. 150
      Spread Spectrum. Auto (What's that?)
      CPU Core voltage. Auto (Doesn't seem to go over 1.355 when running)
      CPU Load Line Calibration. Auto (What's that?)
      DRAM voltage. Auto (runs at 1.50)
      PCH voltage. Auto (runs at 1.059)
      CPU PLL voltage. Auto (runs at 1.832)
      VTT voltage. 1.09
      VCCSA voltage. Auto (runs at 0.925)

DRAM SETTINGS: 9-10-9-28-1N
      Additional settings:
      Write Recovery Time (tWR) Auto (runs at 12)
      Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) Auto (runs at 150)
      RAS to RAS Delay (tRRD) Auto (runs at 6)
      Write to Read Delay (tWTR) Auto (runs at 7)
      Read to Precharge (tRTP) Auto (runs at 7)
      Four Activate Window (tFAW) Auto (runs at 28)
      ODT WR (Channel A) Auto (No idea what this is)
      ODT NOM (Channel A) Auto (No idea what this is)
      ODT WR (Channel B) Auto (No idea what this is)
      ODT NOM (Channel B) Auto (No idea what this is)

Thanx,
      Randy

Comment

Will be better off with a CR of 2n instead of 1N, as to the particulars on other questions, temps, etc, I'll have to leave that to GSkill, they should be in Wed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Memory temps should not exceed much more than 80-90 C. The only way to determine memory temps is to use a infrared thermometer.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

That's it?

You answered 1 out of my list of questions, and that's it?

Here's a couple more.
            Who creates the XMP profiles?
            Is there a way to download\install other XMP profiles?
            For example; Could I get the XMP profile for Ripjaws X F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL memory?

Comment

Working...
            X