KM570 2.01 Software installation issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM570 2.01 Software installation issue

I am having issues upgrading my KM570 firmware either during the software installation or manually from the C:\Program Files (x86)\G.SKILL\G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM570 RGB\FWUpdate folder. During the firmware upgrade it will cause the keyboard to become non-responsive. At which point I need to use the paper clip trick to restore the firmware.bin file on the keyboard. The info screen in the software shows the current keyboard firmware at 19. The software is trying to install 23.

During the firmware upgrade the progress window starts moving and when it reaches the end I get a popup message of “Please re-insert the device and start the program again”. At this point no matter what I do the keyboard is bricked.

My current system is as follows:

Windows 7 64bit Enterprise
    M/N: KM570 RGB
    P/N: GK-K0CC2-DM570-S10NA
    S/N 1703GK000000764

I have tried this on another computer as well that has Windows 7 32bit installed with the same issue with the popup at the end telling me to re-insert the device.

Is there a way to simply copy the latest BIN file over to the keyboard like we do to reset the keyboard via the paper clip method?

Thanks!

Sounds like it may be a memory problem with the keyboard. Send it in for RMA exchange to see if a replacement works better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Working...
    X