Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133c10d-16gsr + asus m5a88-v evo + amd phenom ii x6 1090t be

Hi everyone,
    First timer in here and an o.c. noobie. First of, I'm not trying to make a killer rig here, I'm just trying to utilize the G.Skill ram set and cpu to their potential.

Back story; i was trying to back up my system to do a clean upgrade to win10 but the system started bsoding. So I memtested the previous ram sticks, Patriot PV316G160C9KRD 8Gbx2 it one of them was bad.

I upgraded to my current set, G.Skill Sniper F3-2133C10D-16GSR DDR3-2133 PC3-17000 (8GbX2) CL10-12-12-31 1.6V, which I know is a little overkill for my motherboard:
    ASUS M5A88-V EVO with the latest bios (1802 i believe) and an
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE

I will try the settings on previous posts pertaining to amd m3 but i just wanted to throw my system out there.
    Thanks

Here's what I got so far:
    Attached Files

Comment

Use this guide to maximize potential:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11742

DDR3-1866 9-11-11-31 1.60V

Let us know how it goes.
      Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

My pc still getting bsod

Thx GSkill Tech. I used that guide and another guide you posted in another thread but my system is unstable using those guidelines. I ran Prime95 while cpu @3.7 ram@1866 but it found errors. I ran it again cpu@3.2 ram@1600 and still found errors. Prime95 ran for 14hrs error free with cpu@3.2 ram@1333. Cpu never past 52C
        So i tried to back up my system with nti-ez but around 50% completed it went BSOD.
        Im running chkdsk as i type this (it started last night)
        I think my system has some issues. The HDD is about 4yrs old, so maybe its time to replace it.

Comment

Must be a problem with settings if 1333 is error free. Can you post some pictures of BIOS with 1600 or 1866 settings?
          Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

Comment

I will as soon as i can. The bsod is kernel data inpage error 0x07A. I will rum memtest86+ on each memory stick too.

Comment

I ran memtest86+ on both memory sticks, individually for over 14hrs, and both had errors. That may be the cause of the bsod. I requested a replacement set fron newegg. I will come back to update. Thanks for the help

Comment

Got my new memory sticks

Finally got the replacement memory sticks and done Memtest86+ing each one, no issues after 10 passes each. So I tried oc the memory and cpu but the system crashed every time. I tried the settings given in previous threads but they didnt work. Here are a few shots of the current BIOS settings
                I'm trying to upload more pictures but it gives me "fatal error"
                Attached Files

Comment

More shots
                  Attached Files

Comment

A few more shots. I changed some of the Fan settings
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got the cpu running at 3.7Ghz and ram at 1866Mhz, i have not run any stability tests yet...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some of those advanced timings are not changing.. you should manually adjust them:

READ to PRE - 6

Should also be able to lower the main 3 timings by 1 number, 9-11-11

Comment

Working...
                        X