Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios Settings - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 - F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

Hello,

this is my first post - ) I did search on the site, but I didn?t find anything that could feet my needs.

I am wondering if someone will be able to give me the bios settings options to use the F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ ( 3X2Go ) with the board Asus P6T Deluxe V2 ?

Thanks

Ensure you have the latest BIOS, then install sticks in proper slots per manual, go to BIOS enable XMP and select 1600 profile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hello,

i have p6t dlx v2 (bios 1202) with f3-12800cl9t-6gbnq (x2) and for me, XMP profile is not enough, i need to do following changes to work :

ai overclocking tuner : manual
      cpu ratio setting : 21
      intel speed step : disabled
      bclk : 133
      dram : ddr3-1600
      vclk : 3200
      qpi : auto
      ---
      qpi/dram core voltage : 1.50v
      dram bus voltage : 1.60v
      load line calibration : disabled

(values taken here in this forum)

but i have a question : is it normal to have different values with same memory like my screenshot at SPD informations ?

waiting your answer ...

regards,

Chris (registered with his wife's PC because his PC was busy to make memtest )
      Last edited by Nathalia; 02-07-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

First, on the XMP issue, you did the correct thing, XMP works by the set, since you have two sets, XMP won't work correctly and needs to be done manually as you have done.

Next, your question on the DRAM, my guess is the sets were bought at different times, though it is possible that they were bought at the same time, what you are seeing is the section of the SPD that shows the default boot set up timings, these 1600 NQs came out with a default of 1333 since all mobos have a default boot speed which awhile back was 1333, as more mobos upped the default to 1600, the SPD was rewritten to use 1600 as a default....this is the identifier you will find showing in CPU-Z under the SPD tab as MAX BANDWIDTH, which generally is always prefixed with the 'PC3'. The sticks themselves are the same and programmed to XMP standards with the exception of the default boot programming.

And as a note: Memtest is really designed to test for 1 stick at a time, so if you ever run into errors running multiple sticks..try them one and a time, just having multiple sticks can in of itself create errors

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes, the first set was bought there is one year or more and second set just one month. so, for you this is not a problem of memory sticks and all work at 1600 if i understand correctly.

memtest has encountered no error (only one pass).
          Last edited by Nathalia; 02-06-2012, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Yes, it should be no problem.

Tman

Comment

thank you for the replies.

Comment

Aswex,

Like Tradesman said, you can enable XMP in BIOS so the motherboard can automatically detect and configure settings, or you can manually input DRAM Frequency, timings, and voltage. Once that is done, everything will be ready to go.

If you have problems, feel free to let us know.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Help Please!

Hello all

I'm new here so please bear with me if this sounds silly but... here goes:

I've owned since bought my Pc a F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ (2Gx3) RAM kitt.
                  It has always worked ok with my MB Asus P6T Deluxe V2 when had only 6Gb and the orange banks in usage.

This RAM kit is about 3 years old.

Fairly recently I decided to boost my RAM up so bought another RAM kit just like the above, but cannot get the mobo to detect all 12Gb. Only shows 8Gb on the BIOS and on the computer properties no matter what I try.

The only difference between the kits is that the eldest one has voltage indication of 1.5v - 1.6v and the new one shows only 1.5v. Is this the problem?

Really cannot get around this setting and configuration no matter what I try. I have swapped them around from slot to slot but the outcome was always the same: 8Gb.

I have updated my BIOS to the latest version - 1202 - still to no avail.
                  Have been in BIOS about 100 times since yesterday (when bought this set) and have experimented with loads of configurations, voltages, etc) and nothing seems to work!

I thought I found gold when read the above but that does not work either. XMP profile or Nathalia's tweaking had no effect what so ever.

Can you please help me? Beginning to panic here...

Thank you!

Further info:
                  Intel Core i7 920
                  Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Comment

Mixing sets can be problematic of itself and XMP won't work with mixed sets, so, would suggest raising DRAM voltage to 1.6- 1.63 or so and will need to raise MC (Memory Controller) voltage for the additional sticks,, believe it's QPIVTT on your mobo, add + .1 to the voltage there and try that

Tman

Comment

Didn't Quite Get The Idea

Hello

Thank you for the reply.

Could you be a bit more specific?
                      As in a step by step approach or so? Bullet points?

Sorry. It's layman here

Should I follow what Nathalia's post but put the voltages you mention?

ai overclocking tuner : manual
                      cpu ratio setting : 21
                      intel speed step : disabled
                      bclk : 133
                      dram : ddr3-1600
                      vclk : 3200
                      qpi : auto
                      ---
                      qpi/dram core voltage : 1.50v
                      dram bus voltage : 1.60v
                      load line calibration : disabled

Also I could not find the "QPIVTT" you mention on my BIOS list sorry to be such a pain...

Is is possible to individually set the voltage for each stick/slot as per RAM spec? If so how can I do that?

Thank you ever so much!

Comment

I'm heading out for a bit, will pull down a manual for your mobo and see if I can get back to you in a couple hours or so

Tman

Comment

You can try the settings above you posted, just went out to Asus and the manual doesn't want to download, not sure why, tried a couple of browsers, will try again in a bit

Tman

Comment

Ok Tradesman.

Thanks a lot for your support on this. I'm really clueless as have tried things that donno the meaning of and still the RAMs are not detected or working full capacity.

Anyway as a sidenote, after shut down yesterday, when turned on Pc today the mobo beeped twice and BIOS settings went all default again

I have redone Nathalia's setting spec mixing with your voltage suggestion 1.63v but still not getting 12Gbs. Still stuck on 8Gbs.

Thanks in advance mate. I need all the help I can get because this makes no sense to me and Asus hasn't made our lives easier with the sort of available info or support.

Back to you TMan

Cheers!

Comment

Might take a look here, and I'll try again later today, have to run out for awhile

http://i4memory.com/ramdetect

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X