• Show
Clear All

• System Won't Post after selecting XMP Profile

Hello,

I have:
    • ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    • Intel Core i5-3570K (Not Overclocked)
    • F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

I can run the system just fine on SPD settings (default), but as soon as I select the XMP Profile, save and exit, the system won't POST and just hangs with the readout on the motherboard at "d0".

Do you have the latest BIOS? If not, update the BIOS and try via XMP. If you already have the latest BIOS, then try disabling XMP, set to auto or manual, input the correct base timings, set the CR (Command Rate) to 2T or 2N, set the DRAM voltage to spec and try that. If still no joy try raising the CPUVTT to about 1.14 or so.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

@Tradesman,

Thanks. With the latest UEFI BIOS I can now POST and get into windows, but as soon as the startup chime sounds or I log in, I get a blue screen STOP error code with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" as the cause. I check CPUVTT and it was already set at 1.14. I tried manually setting the base memory timings as well as the CR, along with a 1.6v DRAM voltage, but the same thing occurs. Should I try 1.65v?

Comment

Test one module at a time with XMP profile to see if each is stable.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Will also want a slight OC on the CPU if running manual setup, take it up about 3.8 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Test one module at a time with XMP profile to see if each is stable.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            Hi,

I just tested both and they are running fine individually. I have not tried overclocking yet with both.

Comment

Let us know how they go with the OC

Tman

Comment

Overclocked at 3.8GHz I was able to get into Windows but it crashed with the same STOP error (0x1A MEMORY MANAGEMENT) as before when running the Windows assessment.

Comment

Try with the DRAM voltage at 1.58 or 1.6

Tman

Comment

Setting to 1.58v did the trick. Thanks for the support!

Comment

Glad to hear it! Have fun!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X