No announcement yet.

asrock 970 and sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used the passmark software and the maxxmem also. the copy rate is about 10600 too 10800 and the read nad write is very poor also ranging 6.8 too 9gbs persecond. 74ns (snipers)

Comment

Sounds close to about right for AMD, there's some MaxMemm results for AMD rigs posted over here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10545

took a quick look for reference Harbin got 9483 Read, 7961 Write, Metal Geek got 9051/7728

Damric has posted this that might help raising it:

http://sites.amd.com/us/Documents/AM...ning_Guide.pdf

I normally try and ease up the CPU/NB freq and associated voltage for some improvement....basically though we're back to the AMD having a weaker MC (memory controller) than the Intel CPUs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks again for the info

well i had to move my system bus speed up to get any kind of results the highest stable i can get is 227mhz from 200. now ioc my cpu and hypertransport and northbridge directly from the bios. the most nb frequency is 2497mhz same for ht. i can go 2700 on ht but no difference. i would like to know how these guys are getting there nb frquency so high like 2900mhz with a 4100 quad amd. i have the 4170 quad fx black edition.

but now the highest i can run my sniper 1600mhz 12800 is 1512mhz the next step is 1808 and it just crashes if i apply anything higher than 1512mhz. so i tweak that in and got.

13200 on copy rate 10600 on read and 11000 on write with around 10.8gbs on the score. if i could get my north bridge to run higher it would be better but it will crash if i go too 12x multplier 2700mhz on the nb. i dont understand why i cant run my ram modules at even 1800mhz. ive tried all kinds of settings for them 11-11-11 24 but i tweaked them down to 888 20 30 t1.
        what do you think ive used up all of my ideas. thanks guys

mycpu is running all four cores the same now lol. 4767 mhz. it was 2 cores then the other 2 cores bouncing around. i just cant figure why i cant move up my ram mhz

Comment

May just be the luck of the draw (or purchase) most all components these days are manufactured through the same processes and standards, but in the end whetherr it be the mobo, the CPU, the DRAM, an SSD, etc, if put say 6 of any one item side by side, you may have the bulk of them run basically the same and have 1 or two that don't run as well as the other or 1 or more that run run exceptionally (better than the rest - i.e. 1 of 6 same CPUs may OC much better that the others. While true with both Intel and AMD CPus, I've seen more discrepancies between the same items with AMD lines of CPUs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X