Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with new computer build

Hi,

Before I build this new computer I wanted to run the parts list by here to see if any one
    thinks the memory is a bad choice or will have any compatibility issues. I will be
    overclocking probably using the Asus 4 way optimizer.

Bitfinex Ghost case.
    Asus Z87 pro mobo
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 2gb
    Sea SonicX series 850w KM3 80 plus gold Haswell ready PSU
    Intel Core i7-4770K CPU
    Samsung 840 pro SSD (256Gb)
    WD black 7200 rpm 64mb cache sata 6 1TB hard drive
    Asus VS248H-P 24" HDMI monitor
    Asus DRW 24BIST/BLK dvd burner
    Window 7 home Premium SP1
    Bitfinix Spectre Pro led fans red (5)
    Noctua NH-U14s heat sink.

"G.Skill Triden X series 16GB (2x8) DDR3 2400 PC#19200 F3-2400C10D-16GTX

Please make comments> need to know if good to go or how to improve. Would like to order today. Thanks

If you go with a TridentX F3-2400C10D-16GTX kit, there is no need to further overclock the memory, as the stock performance at XMP settings should be quite good.

I kinda like your choice of components overall, with the exclusion of the monitor. That seems to be overpriced for a TN panel with these specs. I'd probably go with another panel type altogether but my machines for image editing every once in a while, so YMMV.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you. I must admit I don't know much about monitor choice, and to be honest I don't know what a TN panel means. Could you please explain. I do alot of Photoshop work as well as video. But I also like gaming. My farvorite is FSX simulator. Could you perhaps recommend a good monitor choice.

As far as overclocking, Iam guessing the 4 way optimizer Asus has will invoke the xmp. Its nice to have some ensurance that the choice of memory will be compatiable as it is not on Asus QVL. Thank you again.

Comment

RAM will be fine and think you'll love the sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X