Black/Blue Screen with all 4 Sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black/Blue Screen with all 4 Sticks

Hello, I just received my brand new G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH in the mail, and was incredibly excited to go from my current 8 gigs or ram to 16! I popped out my old ram, and installed my new G.Skill ram, making sure each of them is locked in place, restart my system, and it loads up, and then gives me black screen after loading and sometimes it gives me the option to repair or simply start windows normally. Starting normally seems to cause the system to restart and does the same thing over again. Repairing it pops up the blue screen basically saying to restart, and if the problem persists to remove the hardware..

Now, when I run just two of the sticks, it loads up fine, and I have no problems (in the black or white slots). When I add just 1 more onto the 2 already in there (or all 4 sticks) it gives me the problems described above. I have no rhyme or reason why this is going on, or how to fix it so I can have all 4 sticks in with no problems what so ever. I've even gone through each of the sticks by them selves seeing if I have problems with just 1 in at a time, and all 4 times of just having 1 stick in, I have no problems at all.

I will post what I can to be helpful and avoid stretching out replies back and forth asking for specs on my system, so I will post them below to the best of my knowledge. I'm no PC builder by no means, but can replace basic parts and understand a good portion of PC lingo. Please let me know if you need any further info from me to get my system going with all 4 sticks asap.

Your help is incredibly appreciated, thank you.

Everything in the following link shows my system to the T, except I did replace the GPU with this one - XFX Double D FX-795A-TDJC Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...3ORDER-_-Deals

Haven't worked with one of these, but would suggest checking and making sure you have the latest BIOS, then if you do already try raising the VCCIO (MC Voltage) to 1.15 and DRAM voltage to 1.55, if still problems, post your system voltages and secondary/advanced timings - would guess the tRFC is low

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

How exactly does one access BIOS? I thought it was F2, but every time I try it I just get a black screen and nothing ever loads and I end up just powering it down and turning it back on. I've also tried ctrl + Esc, just Esc, just ctrl, F2, F2 + Del. I'm kinda getting no where fast on getting into my BIOS. :/

Also, my current version of BIOS is A05. I've tried digging around to see if this is the latest BIOS for my alienware, and I can't seem to find this info.

Comment

Often it's the delete key, could try F10, actually it should flash on the screen or be in the manual...I'm not sure, been building since early 80's, don't buy off-the shelf or pre-made

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey Tradesman, I just wanted to post back and let you know simply upgrading to the latest BIOS (A06) for my Aurora R3 worked like a charm! It has the correct latency and everything without having to adjust it myself. I am super happy to have gotten it working with your help.

Also, the only reason I didn't see any keys saying what to hit to enter setup is because I use a 2006 27" Toshiba LCD screen which the PC doesn't format all to well with it. I hooked it up via HDMI to my 47" LED, and it showed in the bottom right to hit F12 to enter setup. :X

And lastly, I actually was going to build a rig of my own after owning a few standard 'pre-made' computers but got my Alienware for a killer price.. If this one ever hits the crapper, I'm going to build my own.

Once again, thanks for the help. All is well in the world of 16 GB of DDR3 RAM!

Comment

Glad to hear it!

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X