Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need input on which ram to buy

Hi All,

I decided to add some ram to my system and can't seem to find the type I have in my computer now. My system is a couple years old.
    Below is what my system consist of;

Computer Specs

ASUS P5E3 DELUXE X38 WIFI-AP ATX MOBO
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core processor LGA775 3.0GHZ Wolfdale 1333FSB 6MB
    G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL7-7-7-18 240PIN
    Dual Channel Kit
    HIS Radeon HD 4850 625MHZ 512MB 1.986GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I
    Silverstone Olympia OP1000W PSW
    Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Profess1onal Series
    SymcMaster 2493HM 1920x1200 Monitor

I have checked the Resellers list for Canada that G.Skill site linked me to but not able to find the same ram.
    I have 2 slots left so I was thinking I would get 2 more sticks of ram that was the same or compatable for my system.
    Where can I buy a kit of the same ram or compatable that will work with my system?

Greatly appreciate any reply to this post that would help me.
    thanks
    Ed

I'll drop GSkill a note to take a look and gat back to you, off hand, I don't know of a set that is really close since these have such tight timings...and any time you mix sets there can be problems, hopefully they can get to you Fri

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank you very much for the reply.
      I shall wait for your response

Comment

Hi again,
        Well I decided to buy a kit similar to what i have....but having a small problem.

below is the kit I purchased;

G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 1.6v 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit

This is my original;

G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ PC3-12800 4GB (2048MB X 2) DDR3-1600 CL7-7-7-18 1.9v 240PIN Dual Channel

My problem is that when the computer boots up it defaults to 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz.
        When I set frequency to maunal and select 1600mhz I get the computer hanging and on reboot I get the message that overclocking failed

Can you help me in setting the proper fields just to get it to boot with 1600mhz. I don't really care if the timing is still at cl9. I am not familar with setting this but willing to follow any advice you have.

greatly appreciate any help you can provide

Ed

Comment

Not sure if you'll be able to get the two to play together, the timings and voltages are way to far different, might try at 1333 8-8-8-22 1.6 2T and with about + .1 to your current setting on the NB voltage, or possibly 1600 9-9-9-23, 1.65 2T and about + .07 to the NB voltage.... with the difference in the CL 7 vs 9, it's almost like trying to pair 1600 with 2133 sticks, might have better luck pairing the old with maybe 1866 or 2000 sticks that are rated at CL9

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you very much for the reply, I shall try that and and test a bit.
            Ed

Comment

Let us know how it goes, will keep fingers crossed

Tman

Comment

Well thanks for all your help but each change i made only caused my computer to hang or give me the overclocking error
                I will have to settle for the auto settings and stay at 1333mhz, at least it seems stable and showing 8gbs of ram.
                Maybe when I understand how to properly set the timings and all in the bios I will attempt to change it later.

Greatly appreciate your time.

Ed

Comment

Let us know, might want to jot down current settings, and that when you experiment, you have the stable settings to fall back to if need be

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X