Falcon 128GB SSD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon 128GB SSD question

I got my Falcon 128 SSD today and plugged it in, it's recognized by the bios. After booting to WinXP I went to the Disk Management and told it to create a new drive so I could use this to install Win7RC on. It assigned the drive letter, I formatted it, but when I try to install Win7RC it says it can not use the SSD because it is a "dynamic drive". I have no options to create anything but a dynamic drive in WinXP. I even tried using Paragon Disk Partitioner sofware and it won't work with the SSD because it tells me the same thing about it being a dynamic drive, even after I reverted it back to an unallocated drive.

The drive is connected to SATA O port on my motherboard.
    What do I need to do here, I'm stuck without being able to use the drive. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rlb9682; 05-09-2009, 06:42 PM.

Never mind

Please disregard my post. I found the answer I needed in Microsoft's technet library. I had to open the command prompt, select the disk and tell it to delete the volume and convert it to basic. The SSD now shows as a basic disk in the Disk manager and with my Paragon Software. Win7RC will now allow me to install the OS on my SSD.

Comment

You're to fast, just saw your post a little while ago, came to answer and Presto! you already got. Have fun with the 7RC, did you go with 64 or 32bit? Either way, you should have fun, but 64 is really sweet.
      Last edited by Tradesman; 05-10-2009, 06:20 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

rlb9682,

actually, there is no need to format it first to install Windows 7 RC
        once your machine could recognized it in BIOS, you can directly choose the SSD in Windows 7 installation
        you could format, delete or make partition in the installation
        after all, at lease your problem is solved
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X