Ddr3-1066 pc3-8500 (4mb) x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ddr3-1066 pc3-8500 (4mb) x2

I just got my NEW memory today, and installed it into my Toshiba 11.6 T215D-S1150RD Notebook, it came with (1x) 2GB, Module, and I bought (2x) 4GB Modules. When I installed them, my HDD Cycled ON and OFF, over and over, it finally turned on but it would ALWAYS FREEZE after it says to hit F2 for setup. It does show 8GB in the BIOS, I just upgraded from 4.O to the latest 5.O bios and still does not BOOT. DID I MISS A STEP? PLEASE HELP.....

Might try just loading one stick, let the BIOS set it's defaults, then power down and load the second stick.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK, I just tried that..

And althought the Cycling of the HDD has stopped, I get the same outcome, which is that after installing ONE module, and turning on the notebook, I press F2 to go into bios settings, I see that it has recognized the new amount of memory, but after I save and exit, it auto reboots and FREEZES everytime after it displays the press F2 or F12 to go into settings, do you think that it might be incompatible, or bad memory? What should I try next.....Thank You for your HELP, I really do appreciate all your time.....

Comment

Try same w/ a single stick and when you can get into the BIOS, check what settings are available i.e. like DRAM timings, speed, voltage - if available make sure all are right. Also check BIOS ver to make sure you have the latest. May also want to run Memtest on each stick to make sure both are good.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No Options listed to change MEMORY settings

I downloaded the latest BIOS update yesterday, My BIOS does not give options to change anything for MEMORY, it just lists what it see's. I dont have a MEMORY tester available, there is one in the software on my notebook, but, cant boot. Maybe I will take it to a nearby store and see if they can test it for me... Again, Thank you for all your HELP. i will reply later with how the MEMORY test went...

Comment

Working...
          X