8GB Memory Recommendation: ASUS Rampage Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB Memory Recommendation: ASUS Rampage Extreme

I am currently running 4GB G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) with no problems whatsoever on my ASUS Rampage Extreme.

I would like to upgrade my system from 4GB to 8GB.

Which of your products do you recommend I purchase?

Thank you for your assistance.

Please respond to rvbrown@embarqmail.com

Let me edit my initial request with an observation based upon my reading of various articles on the Internte. Many of the articles point out that the Rampage Extreme seems to work best with only 4GB of RAM. That is rather disappointing to me and defeats one of the reasons I purchased the ASUS Rampage Extreme to being with. I wanted a board that could launched with 8GB DDR3 SDRAM.

Are there any readers here at G. Skill that have used G. Skill in sets equalling this 8GB total or am I simply out of luck and options?

Thank you for your answers.

Comment

while installing 4 sticks, they could only run at DDR3 1333 CL9/8
      so, we don't recommend you to choose overclocking models
      thanks

G.S

Comment

I'd try Corsair or OCZ, try 4GB (2x2) first, if and when stable, then get a second set. It's easier to deal with manufacturers and/or resellers (like NewEgg) to exchange for a different model w/ a single set, with alot of places, RAM is non-refundable. Also for 8GB, since you need a 64 bit OS, Vista would be preferable to XP for running 8GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

like i stated in other thread, it is NB memory controller issue.
          DDR3 memory contorller ..... well not too good at this time

Comment

Here's a good article on issues with DDR3 1600 and above RAM, might help

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=38357

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Here's a good article on issues with DDR3 1600 and above RAM, might help

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=38357
              it's about running DDR3 1600, but this issue should be 4 sticks(8GB)
              to run with 4 sticks is fine, but the speed may need to downgrade to DDR3 1333

G.S

Comment

Even with running lower speeds, there still can be stability issues. At least for me there was, could never get 8gb ddr 1333 stable on my asrock motherboard.

Comment

8 gig RAM running rock solid

It is well worth reading and paying a lot of attention to what the Admin has posted. I have worked this board (ASUS Rampage Extreme, x48 Intel chipset) for a very long time to obtain stable, rock solid performance with 8 gigs of RAM. This chipset and the fact that ASUS hasn't bothered with a BIOS update in forever, will really only work with RAM at 1333. I have tried several manufacturers' (including G.Skill) 1600 MHz products only to have to go back to 1333 to obtain the 24/7/365 rock solid results that I demand. You can get 1600 to work, it just won't do it 24/7/365.

Comment

Working...
                  X