• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA790FXT and F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH

Motherboard Gigabye MA790FXT
    RAM F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH
    CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE

In MIT under DRAM, SPD reads the RAM as having timings of 9 9 9 24, instead of 7 7 7 24. Auto sets the RAM to 9 11 11 24 with 1.61v, and 1333 Mhz.

I can up the clock to 1600 and lower the timings to 8 7 7 24, even without raising the voltage to 1.65v, but the computer will not boot with 7 7 7 24 timings.

I am confused why SPD doesn't display the correct timings and I think that some other setting may be keeping me from running the ram at its high settings.

Can you guys help me out please?

You'll prob have to put in a slight OC,and add more juice to the CPU, 1333 is the highest 'stock' RAM the mobo is rated for 1600 is an OC speed, the MC may need the extra power to run at the RAMs 1600 speed, then you can drop to stock timings.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You will need to wait for a BIOS update for CL7. Only certain AMD AM3 platform motherboards are able to operate CL7. 8-7-7-24 is the best it can do at this moment.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok that makes sense. It seemed like a limitation with the motherboard because it refused to start with CAS set to 7. Wonder why its even an option if it wont work.

Comment

& will work with slower rated RAM so the option is there, should have down to 5 maybe even 4 or..less

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X