128GB Falcon Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 128GB Falcon Power Problem

I recently purchased a 128GB Falcon SSD and have windows 7 installed on it, I can shut down, reboot and leave the pc off for extended periods of time IF I leave the power plug in the power supply. If i remove the power plug from the power supply, or even switch the power supply off, the next time i start the pc, It will not load windows, I beleive the error message was NTLDR not found. I tried repairing windows from the DVD but that does not work. My only solution is to reinstall windows.

Is this a problem with the drive? Or is this the inherent nature of SSD disks with operating systems?

anyone? please? lol

Comment

Was it an original install of Win7, if it was cloned off another drive it may not have been copies to the SSD correctly due to the different geometry of the drives.

As to the power issues it sort of sounds liek the CMOS is resetting, could be a CMOS battery going south or a PSU problem.

If you do reload Win7 from scratch and problem persist I'd look into the above items....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

it is a fresh install from the DVD each time. My bios never resets, all my options stay jsut fine, but the SSD drive will not bnoot if the psu is turned off for eve na second or the pwoer plug is removedfrom the psu

Comment

NTLOADER is a startup file in the boot sector, could be drives partition isn't aligned correctly, do you have the latest firmware for the Falcon?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

to be honest i dont know if thats the only file missing. for all i know all the data is gone but thats what appears on the screen

I would assume that I do not have the latest firmware. I bought the drive 6 months ago i think

Comment

anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

Sounds like you have a bad drive. You shouldn't be getting error like that even with incorrect partition alignments/etc.

Comment

Working...
                X