No announcement yet.

G.Skill, can we get a trade-in please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill, can we get a trade-in please?

G.Skill,

I have a Core i7 system, 6GB ram, SLI, 2 raid arrays, and a solo G.Skill FM-25S2S-64GB running Windows Vista Ultimate. I built the rig myself in February, and I get the sporadic 'JMicron' stutter. It's very frustrating.

I do not feel I got my $200 worth, because of the stutter issue. The drive benchmarks fine, but that is a snapshot of performance. Real world use is where the SSD drives me insane. That said, I would love to see some sort of trade-in program which would be a Win-win. I get a newer drive for returning my old one (and maybe paying a little for the upgrade) and you get equipment back that you can fix (upgrade the controller) or re-use elsewhere. Even a discount for a new Falcon would be acceptable.

With the issue at hand, I feel like I paid you to beta test your drive. Something in return would be appreciated.

lol, gskill doesn't care a rats *** about you... join the club...

Comment

start buy ocz ssd's is my advice that's what i am going to do if i don't here anything soon
      Um @ G.Skill rep ur losing business as i type what's up guys maybe pay someone to check out the forum once a day would not kill you ( hope i don't get band for this it would be nice to hear from a rep on like all these issues )

Comment

I signed up for these forums with the express purpose of adding to this thread.

I just wanted to say, today I decided to go purchase a new SSD, and bought an OCZ drive. I did not even consider G.Skill, because I own a Titan and it looks like it has been dropped like a hot potato.

No way to flash the drive, or even send it back and get it flashed to support things like Garbage Collection and/or TRIM. No updates, and no support for the drive. No matter how much better or worse the Falcon's may be, the fact that G.Skill has completely dropped support and refused to release any updates for a drive that, less than 6 months ago was their flagship SSD product, has soured me on G.Skill.

When I built my i7 machine, I purchased 12gb of G.Skill RAM, but when I build new machines from now on I will be avoiding the G.Skill brand simply because of the lack of support for their existing products once they decide to bring out a new one.

This is made all the more sad when you consider that the drive will still be in warranty for another 16 months! And who knows if it will even last that long without things like TRIM support.

Comment

support forums my a$$ more like g.skill laughing there a$$ off at people who bought there products computers builder here lots of money gets spent every year. 2 x falcon's were my first g.skill products I will not be buying anymore g.skill product at all there support what support the random g.skill tech coming by and saying thanks all who's dumb enough to buy are products

NEVER AGAIN G.SKILL ocz here i come

I mean I own warps,a-data, and know falcon's and guess what you can get the same ssd just with support over at ocz or intel thanks but no thanks
          Hell they can't even tech to lie to us which would be better business
          NO support/ NO rma/ = no more products from g.skill ( so many people speak so good about gskill still trying to figure that out there ram can be beating really easy
          Last edited by gingerbee; 10-23-2009, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FaNIX View Post
            lol, gskill doesn't care a rats *** about you... join the club...
            Tact, professionalism, and patience pay off. G.Skill has agreed to RMA my drive and replace with a newer Falcon. I would not call their tech support "Fast", but I am very satisfied with the end result, and it all started with this thread.

A few days after I first posted, I got a PM from G.Skill. I replied to the PM and was given an email address. I fired off an email, got a response. Responded again and the second email to me said
            To show our appreciation, we will replace your SSD drive with our Falcon Series. This model supports the TRIM command and uses a better Indilinx controller...

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to contact us and we will be more than glad to assist you."
            People are so quick to go negative, not realizing that they're really just shooting themselves in the feet. What good does it do to rant on the companies official website/forum? I'm a firm believer of offering solutions, and that's what I offered in my first post... A suggestion of a trade-up program or other options for a "Win-Win" situation, where-as most of us feel like we've lost before even posting.

The Golden Rule applies here. Be patient and be professional.

Comment

So are you suggesting I contact G.Skill and ask for them to exchange the drive? I mean my drive is not 'damaged' per se, but given that it does not support TRIM or any modern SSD features, and the fact the JMicron controller stutters annoyingly if I don't use special stuff like MFT to do things like batch up write requests and such.

For the record, I would like to say that I thought my post expressed extreme frustration, while not resorting to outright unprofessionalism

Comment

I guess I got lucky, as G.Skill initiated contact after I posted. But if you are persistant and not rude, you should be able to open up comms with one of their reps, even if it may be a little slow. If you don't get satisfaction, keep trying.

Comment

when i pay to 200 for a drive i should not have to go looking for any help they should offer the help. oh like all the rest even patriot. no more gskill for me intel and vertex ssd's all the way
                  PS i was rude after it took them more then 2 weeks to say or do anything if i have a problem with something i need it fix asap not when they can't get around to it ( because i love telling clients sorry sir i am not sure when or if they will help us still waiting for them to get back to me ) no thanks

Comment

complaining got you a new drive so

Comment

Correction. Complaining RESPECTFULLY got him a new drive.

When you start abusing and cussing out a vendor, they tend to ignore you and not wish to help you or expend any effort on you.

Informing them that your continued business has been affected by the outstanding issues, and outlining those issues without resorting to calling them aholes or anything of the like will usually make a company more inclined to care about your continued patronage.

Just remember, G.Skill ships out thousands of SSD drives and RAM modules a day, so one guy who is just going to be abusive just isn't worth their time. A guy who is respectful, and whose issues they can address becomes, in effect, a PR tool. That person will them tell others how willing G.Skill is to work with their customers and resolve their grievances.

It's all about HOW you express your complaint, not the complaint itself. I recommend you send off a nice letter to G.Skill, and respectfully ask them if they would be willing to extend the same accommodation to you in replacing your Titan drive for a Falcon (I did, no response yet, but I only emailed them yesterday). They may do so, they may not (they certainly aren't under any obligation to really unless the drive is damaged, and then they are only obligated to replace it with an identical one).

Honey attracts more flies than vinegar as the saying goes.

Comment

correction I never called anyone a-holes I said there laughing there a$$es off and maybe they should start to support there forums it how you do the masses with out killing your self answering emails
                        maybe that's why the other ssd's makers are doing ah (Canadian joke sorry)

lets get a little support that what the forum is for. no ?

Comment

I don't get any replies from an email to gskill tech support.

What address were you using?

Comment

ustech@gskill.com

Feel free to PM with any issues as well. Sometimes we are too busy with other main avenues of support, so we may not be able to answer forum issues as promptly as we would like.

We apologize if we have caused distress. Thank you for your patience and cooperation

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Errors flashing 1571 on falcon 128's

WARNING: The NAND Flash is not clean (being reworked) !!!
                              scan list found on bank 3=D0
                              scan list found on bank 4=A1
                              scan list found on bank 8=A2
                              scan list found on bank 10=C2
                              scan list found on bank 11=D2
                              erasing NAND Flash for rework...done
                              scanning initial bad blocks
                              ERROR: scan result has error
                              error at ..\host_mass_production.c 433

Also on my other drive:

Size of SDRAM is 64 MB
                              ERROR: SATA/SDRAM test failure (data corruption)
                              error at ..\host_mass_production.c 825

My email address is mluddysr@gmail.com

I first reported this issue June 27, a week after I purchased them from Newegg.com

You told me:
                              Please visit the RMA Info page on our website:
                              http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

but that link doesn't work.

I need to rma these drives before my 6 months are up... can you help?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X