F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH Stuttering Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH Stuttering Issue

Hello there! Well to get right to the main issue I am having, I am having problems with my games. Stuttering is the word that I feel best describes the issue. Basically after I've had my computer on for a while (whether it's idle or being used) then my frame rate will quickly drop from 60 to 40 and then very quickly rise back to 60. I don't believe that this is an overheating issue as usually while gaming my CPU and Ambient temps both stay around 35-40C and my GPU is around 50C. Also, I'm using XP 32-bit if that makes a difference besides not detecting all of the RAM.

Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3R
    CPU: i7 860 @ stock with turbo enabled
    GPU: GTX 275 896MB @ stock
    Memory: F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (one set)

Let me know if there's any additional information that you will need to help me out and I will edit it into this post so everything can be seen in one spot, thanks!

Did you configure the memory settings in BIOS? Make sure memory frequency, timings, and voltage are set properly otherwise the memory will not operate optimally.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

It also may be a driver issue with your 275, nvidia is constantly working on upgrades to the drivers with popular games

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My memory is clocked at the correct memory speed and voltage, but I have no idea what to do with all the options that show up when I go to timings. right now the main timings that I know are the ones that are on the ram itself. They're currently set at 9-9-9-24. I've had them set to 7-7-7-21 before but I have no idea what to do with all of the other timing settings in the bios and it didn't fix my problem so I thought it best to just leave them loosened up until I got some help from you guys.

Comment

Is command rate at 1T or 2T, you'll want it at 2. Check what the default for tRFC is, you'll want around 64-68 or 127 if in NS.

In addition to the GPU driver might also look at and up the CPU voltage a bit, that will give the MC a bit more juice and help stabilize the RAM, if it is the RAM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Alrighty, I set up my timings to those amounts and I'll let you know how it performs tomorrow. My GPU's driver should be all good, I spoke with the people over at EVGA and installed the driver that seems to work the best for the most people. If this doesn't fix it then how much is a safe amount to bump up my vcore? It's at 1.13 atm.

Comment

Hmm, I actually just went ahead to see if the problem would occur quicker than normal and it did. So Lowering my timings sort of made it worse.

Comment

Post up screen shots of the BIOS or list the timing values so we can see if you have anything set incorrectly.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

CAS Latency: 7
                  tRCD: 7
                  tRP: 7
                  tRAS: 21
                  tRC: 33
                  tRRD: 4
                  tWTR: 5
                  tWR: 10
                  tWTP: 21
                  tWL: 7
                  tRFC: 66
                  tRTP: 5
                  tFAW: 20
                  CMD: 2

B2B CAS Delay: (No entry here and it's on auto)
                  Round Trip Latency: 51

Comment

You can try increasing round trip latency to 60, but if FPS is dropping it may be the video card. Memory sounds solid. Try running Everest, Prime95, or some sort of memory test to confirm.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Got everything working now! Changing all of those RAM settings didn't fix my problem so I decided that maybe XP didn't like something about my system so I switched over to Windows 7 and voila! It works! Thanks for the quick replies and help guys.

Comment

Glad to hear it, the GPU guys just aren't putting the time into drivers recently for XP because of the upcoming release of Win7......remember nVidia and Vista.....when Vista was released nVidia didn't have SLI working in their drivers worth a c***. Both ATI and nVidia are focusing on Win7 and Vista.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X