Problem with F3-10666CL7D-4GBPI and Asus P5QC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with F3-10666CL7D-4GBPI and Asus P5QC

HI!! Im a new customer of Gskill and new at this forum!!

I'd bought F3-10666CL7D-4GBPI (DDR3 1333 2x2Gb) and I put on my motherboard Asus P5QC with my bios setup in AUTO.

Unfortunatly my system freeze with windows, with linux, witout S.O. and booting with memtest....

Then I saw the exactly parameters at the memory box, and configured the CAS latency manually at my bios and the voltage (I tried with 1.5 and 1.6v)

Again, my system frezee totally....

I test the memories with memtest400 and the program freeze too...

HOW CAN I SOLVE MY PROBLEM AND HAVE MY SYSTEM BE STABLE????

My basic PC config is:

Mother: ASUS P5QC
    Bios: Version 2103 (the latest at asus.com)
    Video: XFX 8800GS DDR3 384MB
    HD: Maxtor 320 Gb SATA2
    New memory: GSKILL 2x2Gb DDR3 1333 Dual Channel F3-10666CL7D-4GBPI

Note: before i put the new memory i was using with a 2 x 1Gb Kingston DDR3 1333 memory dual channel without any problem and running my bios all in AUTO.

Thanks everybody!! Please help me!

:-)

When you set the timings manually, did you also change the speed? If command rate is at 1T try 2T. Also what CPU and vCore? Any OC in place?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

HI!, well... when I set the timings manually, I tried with various settings...
      the speed, first I set auto, but the I tried in 1333
      The command rate,and other setting all in AUTO....
      In fact, I need ALL the correct parameters to set. At the box I only have: CL7-7-7-18 1.5-1.6v
      and that what i ' used.... other setting i dont know what values to set up....

Comment

People... please here I post a few images of My Bios settings.... Could you say to me what parameters i must config correctly, and its values?
        Thank you very much!!
        I'll be waiting for your soon answer!!!

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? What slots are the sticks in the orange ones (slots 3-6) the DDR3 slots? Sounds like a stupid question, but you'd be surprised.), fully seated? Have you tested each stick individually to discount the possibility of a bad stick (preferably in slot 3)?

BIOS can be found here - slect your OS:

http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=ShiLE9XNeuFKwFDC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well... Phisically I'd checked the memories and they are ok. I have 2 orange slots fully seated.
            I have the latest bios version: 2103

I tested individually at slot DDR3_A1 (bank 3) with memtest and bios in AUTO, and the memtest show no errors....

But.... when i checked with memtest individually at slot DDR3_B1 (Bank 6), memtest recognize the sticks like DDR2, FSB 334 and Mem Speed 1336.... something wear....isnt it?

well.... i dont know what to do....

I think this memories arent compatibly with my mother....

Any suggestion??

more settings to try?

thanks

Comment

You can only test them in DDR3-A1, the one closest to the processor. If you use B1 only, it will throw errors. Sounds like the memory is good.

Try installing the memory in A1 and B1. Use the BIOS settings above, except change Row Refresh Cycle Time to 68 and Write Recovery Time to 10.

Keep me posted on the results.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

6 slots for dual channel, but max 16GB. nifty.
              Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 09-25-2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Well.... the several tries... and a mal function... i decided to change my memories with other brand...
                Finally with KVR1333D3N9K2/4G this mother Asus P5QC works great.

Thank you very much everybody for all the suggestions and tips!!

Comment

Working...
                X