k780 MX keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k780 MX keyboard

Just bought this keyboard and I'm really impressed with it. Just need some assistance to fix some minor software problems. I can't get the volume slidder lights to work properly. The physical slider works, but the lights do not show the real volume. Also I always get a Microsoft Net Framework error when I start windows.

Thanks in advance.

May we know the following?

1. Which Windows version are you using?
    2. Which keyboard UI and layout have you set to?
    3. What is the software and firmware version you are using for our driver software?

Please let us know the above information, and we may see what can be done to fix the issue. Thank you!

Comment

I am using windows 10, the keyboard is portuguese layout (no problem there for me) and I tried both the latest driver versions from 4 and 21 of may on your website, but none solved the problem. Since yesterday things got worse, now I press one key a single time and it keeps inputing 20 or 30 times the same letter. It's completely crazy. Impossible to use, I had to return to my 15 euro logitech keyboard to be able to write you guys.

Comment

Hi Sixstrings,

Seems like there may be a firmware issue or settings issue. Please follow the instructions below to reflash the firmware so that the keyboard is properly recognized by the software and system.

A) Please open the driver software (if you can), then go to the wrench icon on the top right corner. Then choose to "Reset to Default Setting".
        B) Close the software, then uninstall the software.
        C) Download the file (http://gskill.com/gskill-device/firm...M780_MX_26.zip) and then do the following to reflash the firmware on the keyboard:

================================
        -------- INSTRUCTIONS ----------
        ================================

1. Locate the small hole under the leg standoff on the upper left corner (underside of the MR key).
        2. Unplug the keyboard.
        3. Use a paper clip, or something similar, and insert into hole. You should feel a click or something pressed down.
        4. While it is being pressed, insert and connect both USB connectors. Keyboard will not function and LED will not light at this time.
        5. Go to My Computer, there should be a drive with 64KB size (Drive Name: "CRP DISABLD" or "CRP1 ENABLD").
        6. Delete the drive contents (should be a single file named "firmware.bin"), then copy the GSKILL_KM780_MX_V0018.bin file into the drive.
        7. Remove the paper clip, and reconnect the USB again.
        8. Once keyboard LED is lit up, confirm keyboard is functioning by pressing Windows key.
        9a. Execute and run FWUpdate.exe from the "FWUpdate_KM780_MX_26" folder, with Administrator rights (right click on FWUpdate.exe and click "Run as Administrator"). Wait until update is complete.
        9b. Alternatively, if the G.SKILL driver software is already installed, the paired firmware version can also be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\G.Skill\G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 MX\FWUpdate
        9c. If G.SKILL driver software is not installed, you may obtain the latest firmware version by downloading and installing the G.SKILL latest software driver from the G.SKILL website. (www.gskill.com/en/download)

Please use step 9c for the latest firmware and software.

Please let us know if this fixes your issue. If not, please let us know, and we'll see what else we may be able to try. Thank you.

Comment

It fixed my problem. Currently I have no issues.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X