Slight issue with mode select buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight issue with mode select buttons

So this is me, with my brand new KM780 RGB, which I absolutely love, but during the first few days of using it, I did something really stupid that I cannot seem to correct. It seems as though while using the on-board macro maker, I assigned a certain word to the Mode 2 button on my mode one profile. Literally tried everything from firmware update to fresh new profile, to looking at the forums to see if anyone had this issue. Sadly, I have gotten nowhere. I ended-up sucking it up and dealing with the issue until it has been resolved.

Hi The Lux,

What you can do is the following:
    1. Open the software driver.
    2. Make sure you have "M1" selected on the left side, so that the box for "M1" is lit up.
    3. Click on the wrench icon on the top right.
    4. Select to "Reset to default setting".
    5. Wait until it finished running.

This should clear the key of the macro you have set.

We will let our keyboard team know about your issue, and if the above does not help resolve your issue, we will provide further instructions on how to reset the keyboard.

Thank you.

Comment

I have a very similar issue with my keyboard.
      When I'm on my M1 setting, pressing M3 will record a series of macros on my keyboard, effectively screwing the usage of several of my keys, and then it will stay on M1.
      I tried the solution above, and it works as it has finished the reset process BUT as soon as I save the changes to the device, the problem is still there. The same is true if I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in.
      I'm using a KM780RGB, spanish distribution, FW version 46, SW version 0.87.

Comment

Hi klausmorgenholz,

Please check your private message. We've sent firmware-reset instructions to you. At the moment, it is possible to set a macro to the "M1-3" keys, which is a bug. Please do not set on-the-fly macros to the "M1-3" keys until we get this fixed in a future update.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
          Hi klausmorgenholz,

Please check your private message. We've sent firmware-reset instructions to you. At the moment, it is possible to set a macro to the "M1-3" keys, which is a bug. Please do not set on-the-fly macros to the "M1-3" keys until we get this fixed in a future update.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
          It is obviously a bug, and I never intended to assign a macro to mode keys.
          Thanks for your time and the quick response though. I will be paciently awaiting the fix.
          You know, time spent on customer support is not wasted money. It means returning customers that will buy your products again
          Oh, and, by the way. The firmware reset worked like a charm.

Comment

It was never intended to be able to set macros to Mode keys, but the bug slipped through. Our keyboard team is working to iron out this bug, but will be delayed due to the preparations for Computex. Do check back once in a while for software/firmware updates, we do include a changelog to let you know what has been changed or updated in each version.

If there's any other issues, please do feel free to open a thread here on the forums or email our tech support at techsupport@gskill.com.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X