Firmware 813 - Update Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware 813 - Update Issue

I have had my KM780 MX keyboard fail to be recognized on startup of my computer and consequently I went to update the software and firmware. However, I have not been able to update the firmware which is currently numbered at 813. Yes, 813 not 26 or 27.

I used file G.SKILL_RIPJAWSKeyboard_KM780_MX_Setup_V0.85.zip for the update but only the software updated to .85 and the firmware remained fixed at version 813. I have attempted to do so from within the km780 software program using the setting screen and "check update" - nothing happened and also running the program FWUpdate.exe in admin mode - again nothing happened using that method. Anti-virus was turned off at the time.

In the following post there was a mention of doing a firmware wipe, which is what I think I need. Reference: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?p=78712

I have:
    SW: 0.85
    FW: 813
    Model: KM780 MX UI: English (US) Layout: English (US)
    USB: plugged into ports that go to the motherboard USB 2.0 headers
    M/B: Asus Z170-A v1.0
    AntiVirus: Avast
    Mouse: Logitech G500 (though no Logitech software or drivers are in use)

Any advise on how to update the firmware? Thanks.

Hi bDerek,

Can you provide a screenshot of the setting page that shows the SW and FW version? We'd like to double check and see if there is a specific cause to this issue.

This would also help us provide the correct version of the wipe tool. Thank you.

Comment

Images attached.
      Derek
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X