Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software confgiuration problems - G.Skill RIPJAWS KM780MX

Hi,

I have couple question regarding software configuration for G.Skill RIPJAWS KM780MX, so here goes:

1. How to create default “Windows” profile (profile that is not linked to application)? What I mean by that is when I create profile for other application, let say games, after I quite that application I would like that default “Windows” profile is apply automatically, and that is not the case, always last profile stays active.

2. When you create different profile and you disable the Windows key from inside one of the profile (not with the dedicated key on the keyboard), that Windows key is disable in all profiles regarding of the configuration, the same thing happens if you enable the key.

3. How can you change profile on keyboard manually? What I mean by this if I plug the keyboard that have store profile in memory and don’t have application installed.

4. How can you create macro for key toggle? Example: So that I can have "Shift" key continuously pressed by pressing G5 once.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Hi peltierzg,

1. Check Carlitos' post here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=13808 This is how you can set a profile for returning to Windows desktop.

2. This should not be happening. Which software and firmware version are you using?

3. Only 1 profile can be saved on the keyboard. Each profile has 3 modes (M1, M2, M3 buttons on the top left); each mode has its own set of layout and lighting. Please read the user manual for more updated information. Currently, profiles cannot be switched without the software, because the software manages the profiles.

4. Under "Customize" menu, click on "G5", and a window will pop up, allowing you to designate the key assignment to "Macro". Under this selection, you can select the Macro you wish to set, and change settings for how you want the macro to be activated. Here, you can choose to toggle the macro for repeated use.

Thank you.

Comment

For #4, it would help if you set your macro like this:

(down) L Shift
      (delay) 50 seconds (value:5000)
      (up) L Shift

This would ensure that the Shift is pressed down long enough without a break. You can also modify for a longer delay.

Hope this tip helps.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for fast reaction!

I think that main problem is that I assume that you can store more then 1 profile on keyboard, I will try this evening your proposed solution and post the result.

2. I have: SW 0.85, FW 27

Just one more, why is there limitation of storing only one profile on keyboard?
        Because only profile can be linked d to executable files, I cant link exe files to M1-3 mode, so how can I have different setting apply automatically for different application?

Regards

Trpimir

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
        Hi peltierzg,

1. Check Carlitos' post here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=13808 This is how you can set a profile for returning to Windows desktop.

2. This should not be happening. Which software and firmware version are you using?

3. Only 1 profile can be saved on the keyboard. Each profile has 3 modes (M1, M2, M3 buttons on the top left); each mode has its own set of layout and lighting. Please read the user manual for more updated information. Currently, profiles cannot be switched without the software, because the software manages the profiles.

4. Under "Customize" menu, click on "G5", and a window will pop up, allowing you to designate the key assignment to "Macro". Under this selection, you can select the Macro you wish to set, and change settings for how you want the macro to be activated. Here, you can choose to toggle the macro for repeated use.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion/solution, I will try today and post the result.

Regards

Trpimir

(down) L Shift
          (up) L Shift

This would ensure that the Shift is pressed down long enough without a break. You can also modify for a longer delay.

Hope this tip helps.

Comment

Hi,

This works, but if I want to release the L Shift I need to create new macro:

(down) L Shift
            (up) L Shift

But this is acceptable for me, so we solve #4.

Regards

Trpimir

(down) L Shift
            (up) L Shift

Hope this tip helps.

Comment

Hi,

1. I try this and it doesn't work under Windows 10 x64 (latest update), do you have any other workaround?

2. This was my misunderstanding because I was mistaken that you can store more then one profile.
              Can you explain why is that limitation present?

3. So we can't change profile without software, honestly this is somehow disappointing for this price range. It would be great if M1, M2 and M3 could be linked to exe files, so changing mode is done by automatic.

Sometimes when I play around with profiles, keyboard get stuck with one of them, and no mater want I do I can't change it, only reset of PC helps in that case.

Regards

Trpimir

Hi peltierzg,

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

1. We'll check with our software team for #1.

2. The keyboard was designed to store settings for 3 keyboard layouts (in 3 modes/1 profile) from the beginning. Therefore, the onboard memory was selected with capacity to store 3 keyboard layouts.

3. The feature you are describing is impossible because 1) keyboard cannot control the system on its own (because it's a input device), 2) some kind of software is required on the system to communicate between the system and the device. If you come across any other keyboards that can change profiles automatically without any driver software installed (on top of pre-existing KM780 features), please let us know.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

I understand and thanks for your explanation.

Now I have another issue, maybe it is not an issue, maybe is connected to #3 explanation that you supply, but I would like to get conformation from you.

I did store 1 profile with 3 modes, but when I execute from one of the mode let say button G5 - Lunch Program: "C:\Windows\notepad.exe" (from stored mode) it won't lunch unless g.skill configuration application is started, every other key assignment function will work except: Lunch Program.
                  I thought that if I store 1 profile with 3 modes it will work even if g.skill configuration application is not started, but it looks like this is not the case.

And one thing that is very annoying is that every time my computer start g.skill configuration application ask for administrator rights because the publisher is unknown, if I don't grant it, it won't start.
                  I did have Logitech and Roccat keyboards in the past and didn't have this application startup issue with it.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Trpimir

Hello,

1. We'll check with our software team for #1.

2. The keyboard was designed to store settings for 3 keyboard layouts (in 3 modes/1 profile) from the beginning. Therefore, the onboard memory was selected with capacity to store 3 keyboard layouts.

3. The feature you are describing is impossible because 1) keyboard cannot control the system on its own (because it's a input device), 2) some kind of software is required on the system to communicate between the system and the device. If you come across any other keyboards that can change profiles automatically without any driver software installed (on top of pre-existing KM780 features), please let us know.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

You spoil me with your fast response and now nothing for 4 days
                    Can you respond on my last post regarding profile storing question and why your application is not digitally signed?

Regards

Trpimir

Originally posted by peltierzg View Post
                    Hi,

I understand and thanks for your explanation.
                    Now I have another issue, maybe it is not an issue, maybe is connected to #3 explanation that you supply, but I would like to get conformation from you.

I did store 1 profile with 3 modes, but when I execute from one of the mode let say button G5 - Lunch Program: "C:\Windows\notepad.exe" (from stored mode) it won't lunch unless g.skill configuration application is started, every other key assignment function will work except: Lunch Program.
                    I thought that if I store 1 profile with 3 modes it will work even if g.skill configuration application is not started, but it looks like this is not the case.

And one thing that is very annoying is that every time my computer start g.skill configuration application ask for administrator rights because the publisher is unknown, if I don't grant it, it won't start.
                    I did have Logitech and Roccat keyboards in the past and didn't have this application startup issue with it.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Trpimir

Comment

Hi,

Will anyone respond?

Regards

Trpimir

Hi,

You spoil me with your fast response and now nothing for 4 days
                      Can you respond on my last post regarding profile storing question and why your application is not digitally signed?

Regards

Trpimir

Comment

Hi,

Our offices were closed in observance of a national holiday. We apologize for the delayed response.

In regards to your question, we'll check with our team regarding the launch program function without our software activated in the background. There may be a design requirement where opening other applications require the assistance and redirection through the software.

We'll also check with our software team regarding the digital signature. We should be working on having our software digitally signed in future versions. Regarding your question, do you have the UAC in Windows set too high? Because we don't have this issue on our test systems with default settings.

Comment

You might want to wait for tech support to respond but it sounds like right clicking and installing the software as admin would fix the issue with the program asking for admin rights every time.

Comment

Hi,

UAC is at default settings:
                            Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default)
                            Don't notify me when I make changes to Windows settings

I think that this is definitely digitally signed issue because this occurs when unknown programs (unsigned) try write data to protected system folders or registry settings, and UAC is seeking permission. This type of activity could be dangerous anytime, so it prompts every time.

So to me it is unclear how you don't get this prompt.
                            I try to disable UAC and then it doesn't ask for permission, but this is not the solution for me.

Regards

Trpimir

Hi,

Our offices were closed in observance of a national holiday. We apologize for the delayed response.

In regards to your question, we'll check with our team regarding the launch program function without our software activated in the background. There may be a design requirement where opening other applications require the assistance and redirection through the software.

We'll also check with our software team regarding the digital signature. We should be working on having our software digitally signed in future versions. Regarding your question, do you have the UAC in Windows set too high? Because we don't have this issue on our test systems with default settings.

Comment

Would you mind letting us know which Windows version (7/8/8.1/10 Home/Pro/Ultimate) and which language? Also, whether if it's an upgrade (7 to 10, etc.) or a full installation?

We'll have our software team check the settings to see if there's anything we can do to address your issue. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X